tractor for 62 acres?

/ tractor for 62 acres? #31  
I have 82 acres and mostly forest. I have about 15 acres need to be maintained including pastures and gardens. I also maintain a two mile long road into the forest. My new NHTC40DA is doing just fine. IMHO, I agree with other posters that you need more than 30 hp.

/ tractor for 62 acres? #32  
I mow for hay on about 70 acres using a haybine, hayrake and a baler. The tractor that powers all this is an NH TN65. The rest of the farm - about 40+ acres - is plowed using a 3-bottom 16 inch moldboard, 12 foot tandem disk harrow, then planted in corn, oats and buckwheat. Just the one tractor does it all.

Although........I sure could use another NH, perhaps a 150 hp to pull a 6-bottom plow!!

Offers anyone???

/ tractor for 62 acres? #33  
Sounds like that you are a "real" farmer!

/ tractor for 62 acres?
Thanks for the input! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll be looking at the larger tractors this week. The longer I wait, the more money I'll have. So my list of what I need/want will be more attainable:)

Thanks again for the posts and I sure appreciate the help. I'm still not "brand" set. I am leaning more towards best dealer than anything. Riddles Tractor Sales in Spencer, is my best bet so far. They carry NH, but I am going to give the other kinds a chance too.

Thanks,
Dave