Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas?

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
I need to move a tractor I'm buying from out of state. The tractor is Kioti DK35SE, weighs 3,915#'s plus FEL @~ 1,000. it will make the weight limit in a U-Hual car hauler and fit the length-I haven't determined if thats my plan yet and might need to fudge the load being hauled?
Seller says he's hauled it on a 18' & a 20' trailer he has owned. I have a list of nearby towns that might do a flat bed dual axle trailer rental but no particular place as yet.
Has anyone here used a car hauler for this purpose? Ideas are welcome. Enterprise rents a stakebed 26' truck but probably pricey.
Tow vehicle is OK- 2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew, V-8, 4x4 w/tow pkg.

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #2  
The issue will be width. The Uhaul units have "gutters" for the wheels.

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #3  
An 18-20' 7,000 lb dual axle car trailer will work fine to haul your DK35SE. I have used car trailers for many years to haul tractors. My current trailer is a 14K PJ 22' TF that I use for multi purpose reasons. For tractors or vehicles I use 4 chains and ratchet binders to secure the vehicle and a separate chain or ratchet strap for the loader and implement.
If you can't borrow a car trailer check your local CL ads. Many times used ones can sell for 1-2K. If you have to rent for one time use and don't need to buy then that is the way to go.
If you go with U-Haul, most of the ones I've seen are not flatbeds but is just an open trailer that have 2 ramp tracks for car wheels which may not have a suitable width for a tractor.

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas?
I know the U-haul trailers well as I've used them to haul wrecked cars which was my sideline for years. I'm having the tractor seller give me some more measurements to go with but web says tractors 61" wide.

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #5  
I need to move a tractor I'm buying from out of state. The tractor is Kioti DK35SE, weighs 3,915#'s plus FEL @~ 1,000. it will make the weight limit in a U-Hual car hauler and fit the length-I haven't determined if thats my plan yet and might need to fudge the load being hauled?
Seller says he's hauled it on a 18' & a 20' trailer he has owned. I have a list of nearby towns that might do a flat bed dual axle trailer rental but no particular place as yet.
Has anyone here used a car hauler for this purpose? Ideas are welcome. Enterprise rents a stakebed 26' truck but probably pricey.
Tow vehicle is OK- 2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew, V-8, 4x4 w/tow pkg.

You need to get the tractor wheel width measurements........both front and rear, and inside to outside.
Then go measure a U-Haul car trailer.
As Diamond Pilot suggests, it is not likely that the tractor will fit properly in the car hauler "gutter" tracks.

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #6  
I posted in the other thread you have this same question going in, call a equipment tool rental for a trailer.

Thanks, I know where they are...

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #8  
Buy one of his trailers! They are more handy than you'd think

Brett

The issue is not finding a trailer-it's fetching an out of state tractor!!!
Well I've called a bunch of equipment rental places and most have trailers and zero allow them out of state.
Not one does them across my KY state line even when they're plated in various other states. One tractor I like is just across the river in OH from me and a local guy said they are sticklers there and impounded trailer is his concern if they nitpick the load,etc..
For now my choices are a U-haul auto transport and "don't tell" or buy a used flatbed one and resell.
The wheel tracks on a U-haul will work based on these actual wheel measurements from the Kioti:
front track 66' out/42" in & rear track 69"out & 34" in
That leaves most of both F&R tires on the tracks. The Kioti DK35SE measures 16'8" long from back of Land Pride box scraper to front edge of the FEL bucket. A 16' trailer would have an 8" bucket overhang so cannot be a 16' with a fold-up ramp set-up. 18' all will work.

/ Tractor hauling Trailer Rental Ideas? #10  
Drive the tractor over the state line, then rent a trailer "in state"? Or vice versa, whichever is the lesser driving distance...