Snow Attachments Tractor loader snow blades

/ Tractor loader snow blades #1  

Scaper

Silver Member
I live in the state of Delaware in New Castle Coun
Tractor
New Holland 1030
I am trying to get back on the forumn to post this message so bear with me. I would like to know if anyone has used or is using a loader mounted front snow blade(Curtis type)? Have you had any problems with this type of set up? Is it better then a front bucket? Does it put extreme stress on the loader arms? How easy are they to hook up? Who makes these types of units besides Curtis? And last but not least, Has anyone ever built one at home in the shop. I run a TC33D and would like to have a blade atleast six feet wide maybe six and a half. So if anyone has 2cents to through in please feel free any help will be a god send.

Thanks Scaper

/ Tractor loader snow blades #2  
Scaper,
I believe if you check the photos section,there was a gentleman on a Kubota with a new Curtis plow attach and he said it works great,maybe he could answer your questions.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tractor loader snow blades #3  
Hay scraper I live in Kent co. right down the street from you, well a few miles anyway. I live in Hartly. What are you going to use the tractor for driveways or parking lots. If your going to do bigger lots I would look into a protec scraper box. With one of those on the front of the tractor you could out work a plow truck and stack the snow higher as well.
I've been looking into polyurethane cutting edges in place of the steel edges. The jury is still out on that one. Anyone here have any experience using the urethane cutting edges?
Gordon

/ Tractor loader snow blades #4  
Mark I have been very happy with my Curtis Blade. I have done several posts on its installation and use. Just click on my name under Poster, Then click on Show all user's post and you should be able to find them. Most are under (let it snow) and (Tip and Tilt). Try going to Curtis website. They have all the information and prices. http://www.curtisintl.com/index.html

ronh/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Tractor loader snow blades #5  
gordon,
Thats for sure you can push up some mighty high snow banks, /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifbut the bad new is those snow banks seem to take forever to melt when doing spring yard work. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I see a lot more of smaller 4wd in this area with the plastic heavy duty plow set up,and the cutting edge seems to hold up.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tractor loader snow blades #6  
I believe in a thick wear bar, I have never seen a plastic one, I just put a 3\8 by 5 inch bar on my front blade, I plow a very long gravel driveway. Is there any website's for the plastic bars?

/ Tractor loader snow blades #7  
   / Tractor loader snow blades #8  
I made a front unit for my tractor that mounts to the FEL points. Used a 7 1/2 Meyer plow and cut mounts right in back of the hydraulic turn rams. From there it was a matter of fabricating mounts to line up with loader pin locations. Plow turning is ran from a set of hoses ran to rear hyd. block. No problem with it at all. No stresses to FEL frame since the plow is spring tripped. Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• 5-28917-snowtrac2.jpg
    5-28917-snowtrac2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,426
   / Tractor loader snow blades #9  
Now that's the ultimate snow machine /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. How big is the snowblower? I see it's blue, but is it a New Holland, or did you paint something else?

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Tractor loader snow blades #10  
It has a 72" blower and is a NH 1920.