Snow Attachments Tractor loader snow blades

/ Tractor loader snow blades #11  
I finally read the Winter in WI. thread /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Tractor loader snow blades #12  
Gordon,

Something else you might consider for a cutting edge is the belting material used at rock quarries on their conveyors. They change the stuff out occasionally and it might work, I know it is tough stuff. I am going to check into it as a friend of mine manages a crushing crew.----Cliff

/ Tractor loader snow blades #13  
kadonte - Man that's some pretty work you did on the front on that Ford. I owned a 1900 for years. No loader , and sure no use for the Blade. We actually have measureable snow forecast for Mid TN for Fri nite & Saturday. If we have to have it I guess it's better on the weekend. All you snow blowers and bladers would get a laugh out of me scraping my 950' driveway with a rear blade when it does snow around here. Works for me though and doesn't take long with no more than we get.

Looking forward to more posts from you. I get the feeling you have a lot to contribute.

/ Tractor loader snow blades #14  
Thanks for the idea that might just work pretty good. Just might wear faster, but if you could get it for next to nothing it would be worth it for sure.

Let me know what you find out I'm interested to know.
Thanks
Gordon

/ Tractor loader snow blades
Hey Kadonte, Thats one sweet looking setup. I sure would like some detail on how you did your blade setup. I have a 6 1/2' meyers available for use on the loader. I just haven't seen a clean way to do it until now that is. If you could maybe take pictures showing detail ( I would be more then happy to pay for the film and postage) it sure would help. I have been kicking this idea around with a friend who welds for a living but he has never attempted this one either. If I have the photos it would be of great help in planing the project. Did you use the original plow frame for this setup? Heck I don't really care if I set it up manual for my aplication that would be fine. Or I could go the rear scv route. I use a TC33D and I'm going to put the rear valve on so it wouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you would be willing to share this with me. LEver39537@aol.com Thanks in advance for even reading this and considering my request. Scaper

/ Tractor loader snow blades #16  
Scaper.....Sure, will take some digital pics and send them to you. I simply made pattern from loader connect points and then cut and welded from there. One trip to the used steel guy and 65 dollars later it was a workable thing. Good luck on your project, I will send along as much detail and insight as I can for you.

/ Tractor loader snow blades #17  
Scaper

Kadonte's setup is really nice and very clean. I am working on a similar setup. My setup would allow you to leave your bucket on with the blade. I'll try and explain, I don't have pics yet (I'm still working on it). Basically I mounted the push bar in the back of the bottom bucket. The push bar is the peice which usually mounts under the truck where the plow is hooked up with two pins. Then the lift chain of the plow is mounted to my hook on the bucket. So basically by drilling 2 holes to mount the push bar and having a hook on the bucket for the lift chain you'll be good to go. The reason I did it this way is from my snowplowing business I still need the bucket to remove snow. If I'm not to busy at work this week I'll have time to finish it and take pics. I'm using an old 7' Fisher plow.

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

Well folks what can I say. To Kadonte thank you very much for your response it will be of great help I'm sure. The pictures will as they say, serve as a thousand words. To Derek I would like to see what you have done also, I do have another unit that I use for snow and I do leave a bucket on that for pile up work. Kadonte my son who is twelve going on thirty as far as equipment goes took one look at your tractor and said " Hey dad thats what we need, it would save us alot of time plowing and your neck may not get sore form riding backwards." Smart boy always looking out for his pop. Well as I have said in the past the folks that participate in this forum are some of the best people I have delt with on the net , so again I thank you all for your help.

/ Tractor loader snow blades #19  
Scaper

I'm about half way done. Have to do a lot if welding on the plow, its old and got a lot of broken welds. Then I need to put my chains on the tractor. Finally I'll get to try it out and take some pics and post them. Hopefully end of the week depending on how busy work is.

Derek

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

Hello Kadonte I sure would like to see those pictures of your set up. Yours is the cleanest I have seen to date and would like to get started as soon as possible on fabrication of my unit. If you have those pictures available it would be a great help. To anyone else that may have ideas please contact me at LEver39537@aol.com Kadonte I showed your set up to my welder and he said if you could send the pics it would help him a great deal. Thanks Scaper