Tractor OVERHEATING Mystery...

/ Tractor OVERHEATING Mystery...
So, how did the overheating mystery turn out?
Actually, this last Friday was the first time it rained since the last week of July,
and that ended up being only one tenth of an inch of rain,,
so, no grass has grown that was worth flail mowing.

Since last Friday, it has rained three times, (including right now!!) so, hopefully within a week, I will have enough growth to flail mow.

Since the end of July, I have only moved a few BIG rocks, that was a hard pull, but, slow, so no overheating,,,

Rs4EfPQ.jpg

Yes, the rock REALLY is that big!! :eek:

I moved the rock to my shed, but, no overheating issues,, there was quite a bit of wheel spinning,, though,,, :D

86rtRwx.jpg

/ Tractor OVERHEATING Mystery... #42  
For pulling a rock like that fill your bucket with rocks etc., hook very close to the rock with the three point in lowest position. Then lift a little with the three point to put more weight (traction) on the rear wheels. The increase in your pulling ability will surprise you.

This is also a hookup that can result in a backflip so be aware of what is happening.

/ Tractor OVERHEATING Mystery... #43  
In general when dragging hitch low on the object, hook short, hook high on tractor, that way you get weight transfer and keep the nose up on what your pulling.

/ Tractor OVERHEATING Mystery... #44  
i thought you just got a run at it with the bucket and it would lurch forward time after time to move it - or get slack in the chain and run from the rock etc.......

outside of that i have had great luck sticking the bucket under the corner of a rock or large object and spinning/rotating them if they were not possible to drag or push straight on

i have had great luck sticking the bucket under the corner of a rock or large object and spinning/rotating them if they were not possible to drag or push straight on

I could have done the "flip thing",, but that would have taken too long,,,

/ Tractor OVERHEATING Mystery... #46  
I bet pulling that rock would have easier if you would have hooked it as short as possible, cause it looks like it is hooked low. You can always pull way more than push, however flipping and spinning is good way to loosen and get chains underneath.

I bet pulling that rock would have easier if you would have hooked it as short as possible, cause it looks like it is hooked low.

The chain between the tractor and the rock is about 15 feet long,,
the first time I tried to get the rock out of the hole, I used the entire length of the chain,,
the tractor could not move the rock,,

Then, as a pic shows, I backed up, and shortened the chain by about half as the pic shows the chain going to the rock is "double"

I was then able to pull the rock out of the hole, and move it...