Tractor Research this Weekend

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #21  
In a Power Trac you could get the tractor, bucket, 60" front mount deck, brush hog and hydralic snow blade for around $12,000. It is considerably louder than the tractors you are looking at.
PTRich

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #22  
Roy,

I was just looking at the picture of your tractor and noticed that you have different type of tires on the back than on the front. Did yours come with this setup? Is this just an optical illusion?

Your 670 looks very similar to my 855. By the way you mentioned to me yesterday that you didn't like the headlight placement of the 855. I thought that this was really a non-issue for me since I would almost never work at night. Of course there I go thinking again - I actually worked at night last night and would have to agree with you. That was not very clever engineering.

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #23  
"...noticed that you have different type of tires on the back than on the front. Did yours come with this setup?"

The rear tires are bar turfs. The tractor was purchased like that. However, I've no idea if that was the original equipment.
They do a nice job...but not as aggressive as Ag's or Industrials. Probably not as tough as those either.

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #24  
I purchased my tractor with turfs already on it. I was actually hoping to get R4's but when you buy used you pretty much get what's there unless you want to spend the extra change. Any idea on how much it would cost to replace an entire set of tires?

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #25  
"Any idea on how much it would cost to replace an entire set of tires? "

Talk to your dealer...you may not need to replace the fronts.
My fronts are standard turf tires. The bar turfs on the rear are just a bit more aggressive then standard turfs.
I don't mow or run the tractor over the lawn when it's wet. The bar turf do leave marks on the grass occasionaly, but the grass does bounce back in a day or so...

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #26  
Thanks,

I will check it out with the dealer.

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #27  
Td: its not only the 855 that has poor positioning of the headlights, i am not crazy about the lights on my kubota b2400, with the fel on the lights are almost useless, the only time i work at night is plowing snow(a lot of that) and could use more lights. have to get around to installing some on the rops.

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #28  
Every compact I have seen appears to have the lights in the same place. Not very smart. I have to drive with the loader either "way up" or "way down" to see at night.

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #29  
Frank,

Gald to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. As I mentioned yesterday - I have worked at night the last two days and have now been subject to all of the things I kept reading about headlight positions. Funny thing is the lights are large and very bright and would light the work area very well if it wasn't for the large metal mass of interference. The FEL, however, in my case is probably the most important implement for my machine. I have a ton of material to move. This leads me to a question:

I read the manual for the loader and have heard on this forum the term "float" position for the loader. I am wondering how to take advantage of this. I know what it means but I'm just not sure how to use it. Any tips? My 855 has the loader control right next to the seat and it looks like the "float" position is out to the right. Whenever I move the control out there the bucket just tips forward.

/ Tractor Research this Weekend #30  
"Every compact I have seen appears to have the lights in the same place. Not very smart. I have to drive with the loader either "way up" or "way down" to see at night. "

The x55 series Deeres have the head lamps on the rear wheel fenders...back by the operator.
With a FEL installed, the masts of the loader block the headlamps...regardless of bucket position.