Tractor Specifications

/ Tractor Specifications #11  
AAAHHHH! Don't worry about it! Just make the hats available and these guys will all be quiet for........ awhile!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tractor Specifications
Will you be using mySQL? If you need assistance entering data, I'd be glad to help. As the Amish say, "Many hands make light work." /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

To the other posters...I was referring to reporting just the objective specifications as reported by the manufacturer, i.e., no subjective data.

/ Tractor Specifications #13  
Yeah, everything now is done in mySQL, but it's not an issue of entering it into the db on the server, but rather formatting it into TDL text files to be imported... checking data for errors, as well. Fortunately, when we OCR the data, it will usually be in a format that can be edited just slightly to be ready for the database.

/ Tractor Specifications #14  
I did one for the tractors that I was comparing. The info was the best that I could find at the time, around November of 2001. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://users.beanstalk.net/godollei//pt425/PT425Misc/comparison.htm> Here is a link to it</A> Don't laugh, it is ugly and hard to read, but suited my purposes.

/ Tractor Specifications #15  
We have posted specifications for most of the US and Gray Yanmar models here.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=yanmar&Number=118580&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=> Yanmar Specifications </A>
The catagories are a little different. One nice thing about TBN is the ability to collect information from a bunch of users. We are working on collecting engine model data for the US and gray Tractors and for some of the John Deeres that have Yanmar engines.

Chris

/ Tractor Specifications #16  
Mike this is what I did 2 cuople of years a ago. Not very fancy but I could "see it" better.

Attachments

• 18-127575-TRACTORTABLE.jpg
    18-127575-TRACTORTABLE.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 115
   / Tractor Specifications #17  
Comparing apples to apples is the issue. For example, it is rumored that Kubota lists their weights as the crated shipping weight---no tires or fluids---and JD lists theirs as field ready with tires and fluids. That could make a substantial difference.

Muhammad, have you ever been able to verify if that is how Kubota weights are reported? I know we have had a number of discussions about it in the past.

MarkV

/ Tractor Specifications #18  
Mark,

Yes, that's the issue... how they weigh the tractors.

What I'll do is contact a Kubota rep today and try to get a clear answer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tractor Specifications #19  
Mark,

I was able to get an answer from someone at Kubota on this issue, again...

The weights published in the literature are basically shipping weights... no tires, ROPS, fluids, fuel, or ballast. In some cases, I guess the ROPS is added... B2710 specs mention "weight with ROPS."

I was also told that Kubota's product guides provide dealers with a field ready figure, which includes front bumper weights, one set of rear wheel weights, wheels/tires, ROPS, and tire fluid.

For our specifications, I can't say whether or not we'll have field ready figures for Kubotas... maybe just a lot of asterisks. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif