Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,251  
I put NEW blades in my planer today, talk about it now making a smooooooth cut,

Resized-20240315-143515-S.jpg

SO, with the old blades out, I got out my knife grinder,

Resized-20240315-153053-S.jpg

and sharpened them, and set them aside, I should be all set for a while now!

SR
Nice job! I have a stack of them I'll send you! :D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,252  
I totally agree, and I thought about that, unfortunately, after the fact!
Ya know hunt, the professional ground cutter is a dinosaur.
Most trees growing in the New England forest grow rather upright because they are all in competition with one another to catch the sun w their crowns. None the less, there was always that "problem child" tree that went against natures grain and unless you did it frequently, it would be a puzzle otherwise.
I can't blame you in the least forgetting about a strap cut. You should be proud that you're keeping a tradition alive using your head, hands and heart.
It is now, simply about just giant machines working the wood and us wood cutters are like phones you used to have to dial.
I am glad that you're up and around and moving about getting your mojo back.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,253  
Ya know hunt, the professional ground cutter is a dinosaur.
Most trees growing in the New England forest grow rather upright because they are all in competition with one another to catch the sun w their crowns. None the less, there was always that "problem child" tree that went against natures grain and unless you did it frequently, it would be a puzzle otherwise.
I can't blame you in the least forgetting about a strap cut. You should be proud that you're keeping a tradition alive using your head, hands and heart.
It is now, simply about just giant machines working the wood and us wood cutters are like phones you used to have to dial.
I am glad that you're up and around and moving about getting your mojo back.
Thanks I appreciate that!! I'm just one little guy cutting for my use is all, been doing it a long time!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,254  
Never heard of gynormous trees. Are there a lot in South Carolina? do they make good firewood? Oak and maple are best up here in northern MI.
Oh, here you go, went for a walk this morning and took aa pic of one of the logs, second pic with the wife for scale.
IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,255  
^^^^^
The log looks bigger in the second picture. 👍

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,256  
I thought I was done for the year with hauling firewood up to the house, at 5 face cords. No such luck. After a brief warm spell with a few days in the 70’s, they are calling for lows in the 20’ for all of next week. I brought up another light load today. Hopefully, that will be the last needed.
IMG_4169.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,257  
I thought I was done for the year with hauling firewood up to the house, at 5 face cords. No such luck. After a brief warm spell with a few days in the 70’s, they are calling for lows in the 20’ for all of next week. I brought up another light load today. Hopefully, that will be the last needed.
View attachment 857477
If you said you were in Canada, that’s pretty good that you only used what you did.
Shows what good insulation can do.
Your splits look to be about 16” so you only used one and two thirds full cord for the entire season.
Rather spectacular I’d say.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,258  
If you said you were in Canada, that’s pretty good that you only used what you did.
Shows what good insulation can do.
Your splits look to be about 16” so you only used one and two thirds full cord for the entire season.
Rather spectacular I’d say.
I used more than that here is South Carolina... maybe 2 - 2 1/2 cords.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,260  
It takes a lot of wood to keep that pool heated.
HAHAHA... and here we go! :D No, the pool is not heated other than by the sun...