trailer controler

/ trailer controler #1  

ebeveridge

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
i am buying a 7k trailer and need to put a controler in my truck. i already have a tow package. What is a good brand and model i dont need top of the line being as i will only be towing every month or so..

/ trailer controler #2  
If you are only towing that much a $80 Reese/Hayes or similar brand available at TSC or even WalMart will be fine. If you want to step up to the bottom end of the better brands the Prodigy P3 is a good unit. It will run you about $125. They are usually available at trailer dealers and folks who sell RV's.

What brand of truck do you have? Also you will need the pigtail. Usually it comes with the truck but many times is missing.

A great place to get this stuff is R and P Carriages Trailer Sales, Service, Parts and Rentals

Paul and Robin are great people. He has step by step instructions in the help section and you can buy directly from him all you will need at a fair price.

Chris

/ trailer controler
I have the pigtail that came with my truck. I have a toyota tundra. I just didnt want to buy something that would not work
thank you again

/ trailer controler #4  
Even the 50$ hoppy brands work fine. i have one in my f250 work truck... it's pulled 2000+ mile hauls at a time with no problems.

In my dodge 1/2 ton I have a drawtight.. in my F450 I have a prodigy.. ( nice controller.. lil mre $$ )

soundguy

/ trailer controler #5  
Check out etrailer.com. They have many options for both.

/ trailer controler
thanks guys. i will check them out when the baby goes to sleep... which today will not be soon enough...

/ trailer controler #7  
I have a Tundra that is pre-wired. Following TBN advice, I bought a Tekonsha Prodigy from e-trailer. It cost me $113 with a plug to plug connection. A real nice set-up, no wiring or splicing needed.

Will

/ trailer controler #8  
Get a Prodigy the best crontroller I have used. I have the P1 model that is now the P2. Very smooth and you can hit the boost button to get more brake to the trailer there are 4 settings: no boost, B1, B2, B3
I tow my camper in the city on B1, get on the highyway and hit the button once to B2. To get more braking, hold the boost button for 3 seconds and no trailer brake is applied for backing up.

http://www.tekonsha.com/product/accessory.asp?cat=1435&path=1435&titulo=Proportional Controllers&#Primusョ IQ

/ trailer controler
ordered the p2 thanks for all the help... cannot wait to get it..

/ trailer controler #10  
the boost feature is pretty neat. kiunda like a cherry on top..

soundguy