Trailer Size

/ Trailer Size #11  
Your dealer's thinking ahead for you and knows you're going to want to put something else on the trailer along with the tractor.

Make sure that your trailer's rating, minus the weight of the trailer itself (ie, the useful load), will allow your tractor to be moved.

While TBN is famous for spending others' money, let me counter that for a sec: Consider also, though, that you may not need a trailer just because you have a tractor. What are your plans for the trailer? Is it so you can take your tractor to the dealer? Where are you going to keep the trailer? Does it have a wood or metal deck?

The reason I ask is - if you need to trailer your tractor once a year, renting a trailer from a local equipment rental is probably far cheaper than buying one. I thought I'd be buying one to go with my tractor, especially as my dealer is over 100 miles away... but in almost 4 years it hasn't remotely needed moving off of my land.

Everyone needs a trailer. They’re good for way more than hauling a tractor. A trailer has way more weight capacity, way more volume and is way easier to load compared to a pickup bed.

/ Trailer Size #12  
My CX2510 is around 18ft bucket to BH. 2610 will be a little longer.

/ Trailer Size #13  
I’m assuming you’re referring to a 7k and a 10k trailer with the trailer weight subtracted. 7k trailers are junk. Buy the 10k.
That's a little harsh. 7K trailers aren't junk, they are just easy to overload. I would recommend the 10K for the longer length, but we don't know anything about the towing vehicle. It looks like we're getting into 3/4 ton and WDH areas with the 10K trailer.

/ Trailer Size #15  
Twenty foot 10K trailer.
A 20' trailer is nice, but it might depend on where you store it.
I would have liked a 22' or 24' trailer for my L48TLB, but storage in my 40' deep building would mean that full bay length taken up with the trailer.
I bought a 20' trailer for my machine. Even with my larger machine it actually works well.
I curl the bucket with the edge on the deck, and the (11') hoe bucket hangs over the rear about a foot, and I chain everything down.
Luckily for me, the weight distribution works out just right, to give me 1,200 lbs. tongue weight.

/ Trailer Size #16  
A 20’ trailer is a good size. Much longer and it’s a nuisance to get anywhere.

/ Trailer Size #17  
In this case, the dealer probably recommending you a trailer best suited for towing safety. When I purchased my trailer for my CK4010 tractor, it was a 20' 12,000lbs Gross and 9800lbs net. Definitely more trailer than I needed. It towed my tractor/backhoe like a dream and no sway. And the heavy duty ramps really made loading the tractor a wonderful and safe experience. Perhaps the loading ramps on the 18' trailer the dealer recommends is also more safe for loading.

Last edited:
   / Trailer Size
What's your towing vehicle and parking situation?

My small tractor (B7610) is slightly smaller and fit's nicely on the trailer it came with, an 18' Hudson.
But it's a pain to maneuver in my cul-de-sac.
If your vehicle and parking can handle it I'd strongly suggest at least an 18' w 7.5K capacity.
Ford F-150 with 9200 pounds of rated towing. Parking is not a issue as I can drive in my driveway and turn around.

/ Trailer Size
Never heard of a trailer with 8333 pound capacity but I would go for the larger trailer. Who knows, you may want to haul the tractor at sometime with several attachments. Plus a larger trlr will make it easier to balance your load. A 16' trlr may be marginal for your tractor length including the loader and backhoe.
5200 pound axles minus the trailer weight.

/ Trailer Size
It’s great to say go with a 20 foot 12000 pound trailer but I’m limited to what I can tow. I’m not buying a new truck to tow my new tractor. Other than towing the tractor it would be of no other use for me. As well where I live it would have to be registered commercially which adds a few hundred dollars extra yearly costs and I would have to go through the scales as well. Not a big thing, but you never know lol. Thanks for all the interest and replies.