Trailer Size

/ Trailer Size #21  
I have a 7k carhauler 18 ft , I haul my 2538 , fel loaded tires to my farm and back 140 miles one way. tractor is a little over 5000 lbs . I would not want anything less, But it is not junk And is fine for an occasional haul.

/ Trailer Size #22  
It’s great to say go with a 20 foot 12000 pound trailer but I’m limited to what I can tow. I’m not buying a new truck to tow my new tractor. Other than towing the tractor it would be of no other use for me. As well where I live it would have to be registered commercially which adds a few hundred dollars extra yearly costs and I would have to go through the scales as well. Not a big thing, but you never know lol. Thanks for all the interest and replies.
Other things may pop up but my trailer sits for years on end,

Before you even think of the "renting a trailer" approach CALL AROUND!
In the Washington, DC area I had to go 40 miles to rent a trailer when I bought my M4700.

/ Trailer Size #23  
It’s great to say go with a 20 foot 12000 pound trailer but I’m limited to what I can tow. I’m not buying a new truck to tow my new tractor. Other than towing the tractor it would be of no other use for me. As well where I live it would have to be registered commercially which adds a few hundred dollars extra yearly costs and I would have to go through the scales as well. Not a big thing, but you never know lol. Thanks for all the interest and replies.
Been a lotta years since I lived in Placentia Bay, but back then there were no scales!
Road was not even paved between Gander, and Corner Brook.

/ Trailer Size
Been a lotta years since I lived in Placentia Bay, but back then there were no scales!
Road was not even paved between Gander, and Corner Brook.
There’s only one set now, heading out of town. Easily bypassed lol. also a set heading into town at Goobies. Were you perhaps posted to Argentia?

/ Trailer Size #25  
I have a Kioti CK 2610 on order with a loader bucket and backhoe attachment. I also need a trailer to carry it but the dealer I think maybe over selling me on the one he wants me to buy. The tractor is less that 5000 pound. I think a trailer 16 feet with a 6000 pound capacity is big enough, he wants to go to a 18 foot with a 8333 pound capacity. What do you guys think. Go for the bigger or smaller trailer. To me it’s a big investment and I don’t want to screw anything up. Thanks.
I think you need to go to craigslist for a trailer. Never buy one from a tractor dealer unless you want to pay double.

/ Trailer Size #26  
I have a Kioti CK 2610 on order with a loader bucket and backhoe attachment. I also need a trailer to carry it but the dealer I think maybe over selling me on the one he wants me to buy. The tractor is less that 5000 pound. I think a trailer 16 feet with a 6000 pound capacity is big enough, he wants to go to a 18 foot with a 8333 pound capacity. What do you guys think. Go for the bigger or smaller trailer. To me it’s a big investment and I don’t want to screw anything up. Thanks.
I have a Kubota B7800 with a BH75 backhoe. I have had a couple of flatbed trailers over the years but finally settled on a Big Tex 14LX Dump Trailer. We have a cabin in the mountains 20 miles from town and while a 16 foot Dump Trailer would be a little easier to load my tractor, it would not be as easy to maneuver when we get to the cabin. I previously had a 12 foot dump trailer and I was able to shoehorn the tractor in, but we gave that trailer to our son when we purchased the 14LX almost 6 years ago. If I can only have one trailer, it will be a dump trailer.

/ Trailer Size
I think you need to go to craigslist for a trailer. Never buy one from a tractor dealer unless you want to pay double.
That’s the problem. Absolutely no used trailers for sale here in my province in that size.

/ Trailer Size
I finally settled on a 18 foot 10,000 pound trailer. For the couple hundred pounds extra weight over a 16 foot 7000 pound, it really didn’t matter much. Thanks for all the opinions.

/ Trailer Size #29  
16 foot is all you need. You would only need 18 for length of tractor and implements on front and back if you have really big implements. 16 and 18 are both big to tow around.

/ Trailer Size #30  
I Have an aluminum 20' flatbed trailer. The actual bed is 18', plus a 2' beavertail. Rated 10K, weighs only 2050 pounds. The few times I've put my New Holland on it, it took up the entire 18', that's with the loader bucket all the way to the front, and a rototiller on the back. A 16' would work, but I'd be hanging off the rear, and the load woudn't be over the tandem axles. If I had to do it over, I would have opted for the tilt bed, easier to do than with ramps.