Trailer Size

/ Trailer Size #31  
I think you need to go to craigslist for a trailer. Never buy one from a tractor dealer unless you want to pay double.

Locally tractors dealers are about the only option on new trailers. And they’re for the most part priced as fair as anyone else. I wouldn’t recommend buying one of those package deals that dealers put together though.

Last edited:
   / Trailer Size
16 foot is all you need. You would only need 18 for length of tractor and implements on front and back if you have really big implements. 16 and 18 are both big to tow around.
I will have a back hoe on it most of the time. So I think 18 would be the size to go with.

/ Trailer Size #33  
Locally tractors dealers are about the only option on new trailers. And they’re for the most part priced as fair as anyone else. I wouldn’t recommend buying one of those package deals that dealers put together though.
I'd be surprised if there aren't some trailer dealers. We have a number that have enclosed, car hauler, equipment and utility trailers. Lots of choices

/ Trailer Size #34  
I went with a 20’ deck over trailer so I could get lumber or whatever and unload with my forklift when I got home. No fenders in the way. Overall is about 25’. My 445a loader with scraper box fills it up. I also can haul my JLG manlift and cars or other things. It is a Diamond C brand, nice quality. $4100. New price in 2016.

/ Trailer Size #35  
I'd be surprised if there aren't some trailer dealers. We have a number that have enclosed, car hauler, equipment and utility trailers. Lots of choices

Just 1 that I can think of that’s a dedicated trailer shop and it’s not really dedicated since they sell mattresses to.

/ Trailer Size #36  
Good choice on the trailer. This 18' is definitely a robust and practical trailer. As long as you got a place to park it, your going to find dozens of uses for the trailer, besides just hauling your tractor.

/ Trailer Size #37  
In my novice experience, I found that my tractor was much longer than a friend who has the other orange brand. I borrowed his 18' trailer and my tractor, FEL, and Rotary Cutter could be possible, but it required removing the FEL. I ended up going with a 22' trailer. The size is great, the weight is more than I would like, however when it comes to the trailer I'd go as big as you can. Like a former post mentioned, experienced people are saying go big....