Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues?

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #1  

ldowney

Tractor
2018 Kubota L4760 HSTC
Hey guys. Picked up my new Kubota M7060 tractor this week. As you can see from the photo below, the exhaust on this model is forward facing. Someone told me recently I need to close/cover this exhaust off when trailering the tractor to prevent water from entering the exhaust system and turning the Turbo in reverse would eventually burn it out. And yes, since this is my business, I trailer the tractor several times a week.

Is this a real issue? Should I be blocking this exhaust pipe off when towing?

Any Kubota M7060 owners that has turned the exhaust 90 degrees? Is that a better solution?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8012.jpeg
    IMG_8012.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 298
Last edited:
   / Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #2  
The turbo does not care which way it turns but what it does care about is there is no oil being supplied to the bearings, as a general rule we always covered the exhaust when moving any turbo charged equipment to or from construction sites. Non turbo charged never got covered.

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues?
The turbo does not care which way it turns but what it does care about is there is no oil being supplied to the bearings, as a general rule we always covered the exhaust when moving any turbo charged equipment to or from construction sites. Non turbo charged never got covered.

What do you guys use to cover the exhaust that won't blow off? Do you just shove a towel in the end?

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #4  
My backhoe has an overhead exhaust like the OPs but it blows sideways. I’ve never covered it because it’s too high to reach. Am I messing up?

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #6  
Nice looking RIG!

Just a rag. What the heck. Might as well be safe. Personally, I doubt the air has much place to go past the turbo, but others seem to think otherwise. JD did stuff a rag down our 6200 (also forward facing) when trucking it.

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #7  
You just bought a brand new 40K+ dollar machine, and you are asking this on an internet forum? No disrespect to members, as there are a lot of guys here who really know their stuff; yet there are even more who are like me.
Perhaps you have money to blow, but I suggest that you go back where you bought the tractor from- the place which will be doing the repairs if you listen to bad advice- and talk to them about the proper way to transport. Barring that, the correct information should also be found in your owner's manual.

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #8  
I would want to be sure that nothing I used would be able to get down inside.

So, maybe sock it to it baby!!! Use a big sock to put over the outside of it. Maybe something with bright stripes so you remember to take it off before starting it again.

/ Trailering Tractor with Forward Facing Exhaust. Issues? #10  
Lots of controversy, threads. Placing a nerf football in the exhaust is easy. However if it is a problem would not the manufacturer say never to park the tractor in the wind? Reality is air in the exhaust needs to make its way through turbo, find a cylinder with both exhaust and intake valves open (BDC of exhaust stroke), back through turbo, ATAAC, air cleaner and out.