Trailers are dangerous

/ Trailers are dangerous #121  
We are in the country and the adjoining town is a University town and on the weekends it is common for our paved road to be taken over by 50 cyclists at a time...all decked out in thier helmets and spandex. They take the whole 2 lane road over and ride 4 and 5 abreast...It is a horrible accident just waiting to happen. The speed limit is 55 MPH but many go much faster...there is also tractor and semi traffic as well...Very dangerous but the ones on the bikes act like they are bullet proof.

/ Trailers are dangerous #122  
At the end of the day, the way the laws are right now, cars and bikes have to share the road. Doesn't much matter if we like it or not. They may irritate us, but we have to treat them with respect and allow ample room around them when passing, be aware of them when turning, etc.

I may not care for them riding on roads, but that doesn't give me the right to endanger them or harass them.

If the cars respect them, and they respect the cars and laws, everyone is happy.

/ Trailers are dangerous #123  
all decked out in thier helmets and spandex.

Why is there a negative connotation to Cyclist's wearing Spandex but For Football players it's quite all right??

/ Trailers are dangerous #124  
At the end of the day, the way the laws are right now, cars and bikes have to share the road. Doesn't much matter if we like it or not. They may irritate us, but we have to treat them with respect and allow ample room around them when passing, be aware of them when turning, etc.

I may not care for them riding on roads, but that doesn't give me the right to endanger them or harass them.

If the cars respect them, and they respect the cars and laws, everyone is happy.

YUP!!!!!!

/ Trailers are dangerous #125  
Why is there a negative connotation to Cyclist's wearing Spandex but For Football players it's quite all right??

I didn't read that as negative. He was just describing serious cyclists as opposed to how we used to bomb around on our bananna seat bikes. Most would agree that the helmets mentioned in the same sentence are a good idea. The discourteous behavior he described was negative.

As to people who think that riding a bike, driving a hybrid, or personally saving the earth in some other way gives them the right to be discourteous to the assumed ignorant masses around them, well, there's no way to win a debate with them. Thankfully the vast majority of riders and drivers around here are pretty well behaved.

/ Trailers are dangerous #129  
This sign fits in. :D

Attachments

• Hikers[1].JPG
    Hikers[1].JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 118