Trailers are dangerous

/ Trailers are dangerous #131  
I'm very suprised that many of you have such a hatred for us cyclist. I ride on the right, I get off the road if cars can't get around, and I obey traffic laws. I don't think I know any cyclist that try to tick off motorist, but I have seen some pretty arrogant groups of riders.
sorry if you've had bad experiences on the road. There is not a bike path within a 100 miles of me that I know of. I log about 5000 miles a year, I work, i pay all types of taxes.(two cars, home, property, income, sales, my tractor, my atvs, hunting license, school, road, and on and on.
I like to do something you don't. I'm sorry. you probably like things I don't. before you say it (yes it affects someone else somehow).
Just remember, please, the rider is someones father, son, husband... A real human life. Not just there to bother you.

/ Trailers are dangerous #132  
I have a lot less problem with someone riding a bike down the road as compared to the average Harley rider around here. They love to ride right on the center line and expect you to get in the ditch to allow them to pass which I do not do. I have had a few turn around and chase me down. Lets just say I have only had to get out of the truck one time but they seem to think since they are a BIG SCARY BIKER they own the road.

I have decided to stay on my side of the road and if they do not stay over on thier own its not going to turn out good. I am not going in the ditch anymore tearing my stuff up. It will not turn out good for them since all 3 of my trucks have the big tow mirrors plus everything I drive is big.

By the way I ride also but do not currently have a bike. The difference is I have respect for the others on the road.

Chris

/ Trailers are dangerous #135  
Active cyclists usually don't have that problem!:thumbsup:

/ Trailers are dangerous #136  
I like to do something you don't.
Not that some of us don't, every hobby has a right time and place. Every operator needs to show some respect for others around them. I think we all understand sometimes things aren't ideally situated for all. It's when the other operator shows a blatant disregard for others that things usually go bad. Like the clown that uses a turn lane or the shoulder of the road to bypass traffic. The person that lane splits because they think they have a right to do it. Oooh, how about the ones that make right turns from the left lane? Somewhere, somehow, we as a society have decided that whatever I'M doing is more important so you had better get out of my way. Times past probably weren't so much better, maybe people just had a healthier respect for others than we seem to now.

/ Trailers are dangerous #137  
Not that some of us don't, every hobby has a right time and place. Every operator needs to show some respect for others around them. I think we all understand sometimes things aren't ideally situated for all. It's when the other operator shows a blatant disregard for others that things usually go bad. Like the clown that uses a turn lane or the shoulder of the road to bypass traffic. The person that lane splits because they think they have a right to do it. Oooh, how about the ones that make right turns from the left lane? Somewhere, somehow, we as a society have decided that whatever I'M doing is more important so you had better get out of my way. Times past probably weren't so much better, maybe people just had a healthier respect for others than we seem to now.

I totally agree. that was my point to. We just need to respect each other.

/ Trailers are dangerous #139  
A few years ago my cousin was sitting at a stoplight on his motorcycle and his right foot was crushed by a trailer. Ruined his life.

/ Trailers are dangerous #140  
I have a lot less problem with someone riding a bike down the road as compared to the average Harley rider around here. They love to ride right on the center line and expect you to get in the ditch to allow them to pass which I do not do. I have had a few turn around and chase me down. Lets just say I have only had to get out of the truck one time but they seem to think since they are a BIG SCARY BIKER they own the road.

I have decided to stay on my side of the road and if they do not stay over on thier own its not going to turn out good. I am not going in the ditch anymore tearing my stuff up. It will not turn out good for them since all 3 of my trucks have the big tow mirrors plus everything I drive is big.

By the way I ride also but do not currently have a bike. The difference is I have respect for the others on the road.

Chris
Chris,

I agree on centerline hogs but those of us that tow and need our mirrors extended have to be cognizant of the fact that our mirrors often are on or over the centerline as well.