tried out the new tires!!!

/ tried out the new tires!!! #11  
Mike, thanks for the link. I just picked up some 4-wheelers for me and the boy and have been looking for clubs and trails to ride on. It may be 2 hours away but we trailer the snowmobiles 3 hours north to Errol/Colebrook in the winter.

/ tried out the new tires!!! #13  
Dependeing on how the lease is written the owner might not have any right to say anything about who is using the property if the Leasee gave him permission

Depending on how the lease is written the leasee may not have the right to allow anyone else on the property. Works both ways. MikeD74T

/ tried out the new tires!!!
well first off i don't drink at all don't know where that came from but he drunk adults part is way out there. second the kids not having a place to ride because of people like me!! well i keep up some trails and they are off limits whe it's raining or wet . the owner asked us to cutup in and certain erea or take it to the field but please stay out the woods. kids and the older and younger people to walk and ride on the trails. i cleaned them up after two or three huricanes ii do this by myself with the help of knowone. to me your one of those people who ride on a trails and never look at how much work is envolved in keeping it up you just ride and go home. you should park your atv/utv get some lopers and walk and snip everything that is sticking out within a foot of the trail and when you get to the end turn around and do the same thing on the way back. as for as marking mudholes why??? i fill them in with bricks /cement/ and whatever i can get from the dump and then put a payer of dirt over that so don't tell me about trails i'm the guy who clears them for guys like you to come out on a weekend outing . it's nice when a atv would stop and ask who owns the property and i would tell them and then they would ask who made all these trials and i would say i did and i keep them up. but when i ask how about a little helpi always get that same thing "oh well i'm kinda doing something next weekend but maybe another time". its all good though !! as for as written permission you won't find anyone around here that will give you writen permission to be on their property unless you lease it and they won't lease the property to you for atv riding they say it's to much of a liability what they say is i'm not telling you you have permission to ride on it but if you do don't cut down any trees and respect the farmers and thats what we do . now right now we are going through a land battle because of an old black man doesn't like the noise of the atv's so he calls the cops and has them go to the land owner and then the land owner got mad and went basurk not the one who had me given a ticket another one the one we have the trails on. as for as clubs to pay to go ride on there arnt any around for miles and i don't have a truck the closest one is over 3 hours away and it aint all that. as for as the hunting thing if you gonna throw the atver.out the woods for being to loud and close to the roads and tearing things up then why not throw the hunter for being to close to the road ??it's not getting even it's called giving him a tatse of his own medicine.you see ther are smart hunters and then there are the dumb hunters to me a dumb hunter is the guy who dreeses up in his scent bloc clothing that cost a few bucks and he puts on dome scent bloc dis and scent bloc dat . and then he hops into his truck with his 4 wheeler in the back drives to the location and unloads his atv. he then fires it up with his silent expensive benze exhause and then goes of into the woods he drives up to his 3 man stand and climbs in and waits for a deer that may come and may not and when it does most times it way off why because the deere is smelling that "atv" now you have the smart hunter like my brother doesn't believe in hunting with an atv he has been almost run over by a deer already he tripped over one and he had to throw a stick at one because he didn't wanna shoot it laying down does he use scnent bloc no but he doesn't wash his hunting clothes iether. he shoots a deere every time he goes out he's to the point he wants to find something else to hunt because deer are not chalenging enough .

Tommy, Where to start??? I agree things ain't the same everywhere but, take a deep breath & read your own posts...

"where did i vow to get even ????" "it has a way of workin around you see because he has deere stands within range of houses so now this hunting season is gonna be a bummer for him beacuse as soon as he fires a shot we gonna have him shut down eye for an eye." "oh well it's over now and we gonna find us a new riding spot and he's gonna have to find him a new hunting spot so i guess we win and he gets the shaft."

"kids don't have no place to ride because of guys like this" Actually kids often don't have a place to ride because of guys like you. Not only do you believe you have more rights than the property owner but you're indignant about it as well. From my work with club I see more damage caused by drunk adults than kids. Kids can fall back on the "I didn't know" excuse at least once but if you've been riding for 30 years that excuse wouldn't fly around here.

"people need to turn off their tv's and get out into the woods and fields more ." I have 10 snowmobiles and 5 four wheelers that my family regularly ride hundreds of miles on other peoples property. I have written permission from each neighboring landowner, a copy of which is kept on each 4 wheeler. We also trailer 20 miles to ride on my club's trails for which the club has written permission. The snowmobiles are riden on club maintained trails only with each landowner giving written permission to the clubs biannually. Both club members and F&G patrol for wrongdooers.

"man you guys are something else and how else do you mud ride???" We (my family)belong to both ATV clubs that obtain landowner permission for and map mud holes in specific locations. By state statute all snowmobile & ATV club trails are closed during our "mud season". I belong to www.northcountryatv.com atv club. If you look thru the site you'll see that you'd be asked to leave for actions you think are entitlements. Our philosophy is using someone else's property requires giving something back. Most landowners only want respect. Maybe your landowner was just having a real bad day. A little respect and an appology, even if you feel that none was necessary, would have probably smoothed the whole thing over. You may get a big surprise at court if you find the LEO just wasn't interested in prolonging your tirade and was just pumping you up to perform for a DA or judge has an axe to grind with some other "simple tresspassers". MikeD74T

Willl, It痴 not polite to bring popcorn unless you bring enough for everybody !

/ tried out the new tires!!! #17  
Tommy, For the record: I'm not just a weekend rider. I've spend many hours & donated much equipment time building trails. I've got numerous hours building bridges, some with 75' - 100' spans & capable of supporting a 10K lb trail groomer. About 7 years ago I spent 10 days vacation time reopening snowmobile trails closed because a major ice storm. No loppers here, 8 hour days with a chainsaw in 0-F. weather cutting stuff so big we had to push it away with a groomer blade. I do all night shifts grooming our clubs snowmobile trails.
Nobody pays to use club trails here, nobody gets paid to work on the trails,and the landowners don't get paid for land use. The landowners are covered by a State liability insurance policy unless they charge for land use (which none do). Clubs buy their own insurance. We don't get into land battles too much, either the landowner allows passage or not. Our state laws require written permission be obtained by either the individual or a club. Non-members of the club can use the club's trails for free & without becoming a member as long as they obey the club's rules. Like you said -it's not the same everywhere. What we have in common is the ability to use someone elses land for our own pleasure. MikeD74T

/ tried out the new tires!!!
well it just seemed that i was gettin ragged out for destroying property and i really didn't care about others property and it ain't like that. we had the sorta you can use it under these rules and thats it and i was in the rules from what i was doin. but it seemed i was getting jumped. you have to figure the owner got mad not the farmer the onwner is not the one who has to plow and ride in the field the farmer is and the farmer could care less . the farm guys never even feel a bump when they run over out ruts from ridin.their tires are bigger than my whole rhino and they are duallies .they have some huge tractors .the farmer is the one who is gonna lose money if we destroy his crop but we don't so he doesn't say anything.

/ tried out the new tires!!! #19  
I cannot speak to Tommy's particular except to say that it seems some of his arguments in this case defy reason. Of course, none of us were there at the time, so there truly may have been some extenuating circumstances of which we are unaware. What I can speak to is that my mother and father had similar issues with some ATV riders on their property about two years ago. My parents owned at the time (less now) about 45 acres, which included a hillside and large field adjacent to a river. The bottom area was frequently wet. Some local guys had ridden their ATV's along one border of my parents' property and it was never an issue. They were polite and respectful and would often stop by my parents' home to let them know they would be riding through. Soon thereafter a new "element" began to come, many of whom my parents did not know. They did doughnuts in the field, and essentially ruined it for some time. They tracked mud on the driveways and roads near my parents. They were proud of their brown ATV's and muddy brown 4wd Toyota Tacomas (with the really big tires to harness the power). They did not ask out of courtesy to use this property. They confronted my dad when he approached them about this, and made some threatening statements. They went to jail (lucky for them my mom did not shoot them). To me, no matter whether a property is being harvested or is just "dead land" and no matter how long someone has had the priviledge of using said land at little or no cost, it seems sensible to renew that relationship chronically to avoid pitfalls like those discussed, I think.

John M

/ tried out the new tires!!! #20  
Sure seems to me that TOMMYHPX4X4 is the poster child for why hunters are not welcome on most private land out here. I LOVE the feeling of wind in my face riding an ATV or UTV. However if you had done that on my land, I would have had you arrested for trespassing as well. Your attitude speaks volumes.