Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #41  
As long as the engine is level and it runs out, you may have put a little too much in. I eliminated the throttle control and just use the engine mounted one.-fw

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #42  
The only other issue I noticed was that my drive belt seems loose... can't seem to tighten. That may have been a issue before, well, this is a new "horse" so I hadn't used it much. The engine is smooth, and strong, love it!

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #43  
I may end up moving the engine to my 81 model, I used that tiller for many many years! Kept the fluids full, the only thing MIA would be the switch to disengage the tines. That is kinda nice.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap
Yes, I'm the original owner. On the tap size I simply bought a grade5 5/16-24 bolt at HD and used it instead of the 3/8 on the Tecumseh.-fw

Yep, thats what I did too.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #45  
Has anyone had experience changing the small seal on the transmission eccentric at the rear of the tiller. It looks like you could drain the 90wt and pull the seal out with a pick and tap in the new one. I have the new one and its rubber with a spring seal.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #46  
and the throttle control attachment of course is backwards. Reckon I don't really need that, how did you, or anyone else handle that?
They make throttle cables that go the other way (I bought one on accident once). I would get another cable that goes the right way.

Aaron Z

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #47  
Has anyone had experience changing the small seal on the transmission eccentric at the rear of the tiller. It looks like you could drain the 90wt and pull the seal out with a pick and tap in the new one. I have the new one and its rubber with a spring seal.

I've done this a couple times. Easy as pie and and it took an old screwdriver and a hammer.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #49  
I have that engine on a 3" water pump. This spring it would only run a few hits, then quit. Long story, short, the crappy "Torch" spark plug was the culprit. You might want to install an NGK BP6ES proactively. I just bought one for $2.88 on eBay including shipping.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #50  
My predator is on the way, I have a thread going called should I replace the hh60. I finally had enough messing around with it. Looking forward to powerful tilling soon. Should be completed over holiday weekend.