Tubing tires on BX

/ Tubing tires on BX #21  
My R4's on my BX25 on the front and leaked constantly with a slow leak, so I put tubes in them, and then after a while the tubes deteriorated, so I bought new tires and filled them with that black goop. No problems since then.

/ Tubing tires on BX #22  
I too had slow leak in my front tires of bx. I had to fill up every now and then until I slimed them. Before sliming, I used bead sealer and it worked for a few months and then it started leaking again. I got fed up and used slime but now have second thoughts about the mess I will have to deal with once it starts leaking in 5 or 6 years after shelf life approaches.its been over a year maybe two since sliming. I hope I don't have to deal with fronts for next ten years. Lol.

/ Tubing tires on BX #23  
I bought new tires for my bx2350. When they were mounting them on, they couldn't get the rears to not leak slowly. They tried a few times and then recommended tubes. I haven't had any problems with them since. On a side note, love the new turf friendly R4's. Better traction and don't tear up my grass, glad to get rid of those turf tires.

image-713355888.jpg

image-2624198780.jpg

/ Tubing tires on BX
Wow those do appear to be more 'friendly' on the outer edges of the tread. And where did you buy? I assume online?

/ Tubing tires on BX #26  
They are Carlisle WT300 tires. They only make them in 26x12x12 and 18x8.5x10 (bx spec size)
They were $99.95 each rear, $51.95 each front ( not including tax, freight and mounting). It was more expensive than buying new rims and tires from whole goods Kubota, but they don't sell these tires. I order them through Mills Fleet Farm, but any Carlisle dealer can order them.

/ Tubing tires on BX #27  
Hi all, it's time to replace my front tires on my C/Y SC2400 (18x8.5-10) and I'm trying to find tubes for that size tire. Do they make tubes for that specific size or is there a "close enough" size that would be recommended? I had them tubed after having it a year or so because one seemed to leak off all the time and it was a real pain to have to air up every time I went to use it. All was fine until one day one became leaky again so I took it apart and found the tire had been tubed with a tube bigger than the tire size. I chuckled about it thinking that was the reason the tube started to leak. I went to Tractor Supply and got a couple replacement tubes and changed them myself. Now that the tires are dry-rotted I'm having to replace them. After I located a spare tube I bought previously I discovered that I had put 18x8.5-8 tubes in. (I wondered why they were a tight fit, lol) Anyhow, when tubing these size tires what do you use. Thanks, DTS -learning something new everyday-

/ Tubing tires on BX #28  
This is a common problem on the BX. A search should show up a number of threads.

I tubed both fronts and haven't had a flat since. The rears are still OK as is.

I think it's more of a common issue with loaders. I tubed my L4200's fronts after blowing the tires off the rims at least a dozen times. My BX came with the fronts already tubed for the same reasons as yours.

/ Tubing tires on BX #29  
I suspect there are 2 problems with the BX front tires. They leak at the rim seal, then because it's a low-profile tire you don't notice it's under-inflated thus you damage the sidewall. And then there is a soft spot on the tire. This soft spot keeps disturbing a SLIME seal, or it wears out the tube at that spot due to flexure. I wonder if, once you get them to seal, you should keep inflated at max pressure.

The BX gets TWO font tire problems, the 2nd cause by the first. I say slime them BEFORE they start to leak. Those are my BX tire theories.

Doesn't hurt to increase the weight of a BX - I had my tires foam-filled (more weight and flat-free) but it's a few hundred$. I sold my BX, after 160 hours, for more $1,000 more than I paid.

======== Here's my BX24 foam filling notes =========

Called TDS in Seattle, 762-3180 Anthony,
Quote estimate was $77 front, $112 rear, each, Turnaround in 2-4 days
Estimated 44 lbs in each front, billed for 51
Estimated 114 lbs each rear, billed for 133 lbs each

BX24 Front Tire Size 18X8.5-10
BX24 Rear Tire Size 26X12-12

They won't fill a leaking tire with foam because the foam could squirt out of the hole (during curing process), and you'd lose the "preset tire pressure". The foam "cures" in there and there's no possibility of a "do-over", no way to increase "foam pressure". You have to get the tire to hold air before the foam filling.

============================

This is with TDS (Tire Distribution Systems). I don't know about other foam-filling processes. I'm pretty sure they won't agree to fill it unless it's a very slow leak so you might slime it at the first hint of a slow leak, or just slime it now.

/ Tubing tires on BX #30  
I had a sidewall puncture on my BX rear and no problem foam filling it.

They used the hole as a vent and drilled the same size hole in my "Good" tire sidewall.

Imagine it depends on where the hole is and how large.

Foaming rears was the best thing I ever did as far as reliability and stability... no more weekend tractor plans wiped out because of a tire problem.

Last edited: