Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #52  
Shoot, thought I got the basic tractor when I skipped the air ride seat, super quiet cab, and the push button tranny.;) The cab is a big step up from the open MF 481 I had before.:D
My radio won't play Black Sabbath though. Old country or nothing.

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #54  
LBrown59 said:

I got my 2004 BX23 Sept 2004.
Got 2 BX1500s Nov 2007.
Getting to close to 70 to play the musical attachments game.
3 tractors make a huge contributoion toward getting out of that game.
== L B ==

Pat's Easy Change adapters for the 3PH make changing implements sooooo much easier. Still not as easy as moving your body to a 2nd or 3rd dedicated implement with attached tractor but if I were so decrepit I couldn't change an implement with Pat's Easy Change System, I'm not sure I could crawl down off one tractor and up on another or if my eldercare supervision would allow me to tractor at all. ;) ;) ;)

Pat

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #55  
gemini5362 said:
The epitome of luxury.

Well, it is with great trepidation that I summon the temerity to even slightly disagree with the Twin Dude but...

The epitome of luxury would require the ability to play Carlos Santana. (Not instead, but in addition.)

Pat

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #56  
the_sandman_454 said:
You should take that radio back if that's all it'll play. Sounds like a major problem to me... (jk) :p

Well maybe not all old country music, gets a few Bluegrass CD's and some gospel radio. Somehow the tuner just won't lock on Black Sabbath or Carlos Santana,;) I think that may be a real good thing.:) Nothing like a little Earl Scruggs when you are mowing.

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #57  
For me and my situation this is really a no-brainer. I have three reliable tractors w/implements for specific duties for the price of less than one deluxe tractor.

A small garden/utility tractor, a medium FEL/backhoe, and a larger 80 hp work horse for mowing and hay work. I leave implements attached and change tractors rather than the other way around. As I get older, I find changing implements not as much fun as it used to be.

Upkeep is not a problem with these diesel tractors. Re-sale is excellent on them as they are all worth about the same as I paid for them.

The flexibility of three tractors far outweighs the deluxe approach....of course with unlimited funds, three deluxe tractors of appropriate sizes would be even better!!

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #58  
For me, having two mowing tractors, one for the rough and one for the nice, plus the DX29 and assorted implements, I'm kind of limiting out my storage space. Half or more of the barn is given over to livestock and feed, and I don't want to put up another building or addition. So, no more tractors, much as I would like to have them. As it is, I have to play motorized musical chairs to change out the mower, disc, front blade, bucket, rear blade, or manure spreader, or even to bring in hay. If I wanted to switch to the bush hog today, I would need to do three implement changes, mow, then do three more changes to put things back in their proper place under cover and get the rear blade back on.

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #59  
chh said:
Nothing like a little Earl Scruggs when you are mowing.

If and only if it is with Lester Flatt.

Pat

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #60  
meadowlarkponds said:
1*For me and my situation this is really a no-brainer. I have three reliable tractors w/implements for specific duties for the price of less than one deluxe tractor.

2*I leave implements attached and change tractors rather than the other way around. As I get older, I find changing implements not as much fun as it used to be.

3*Upkeep is not a problem with these diesel tractors.
4*The flexibility of three tractors far outweighs the deluxe approach !
1*It was a no brainer for me too=glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the light.
I bought 2 BX1500s with 3 pint hitches and rear PTOs 2 MMMs A new 60'' front blade and a new rear 48'' tiller. I also have a BX23 with 60'' MMM BH and FEL.
I have about the same money in all 3 of these tractors and all these implement as I would have in 2 X700 tractors.
With 2 x7000s i'd still be short A BH 60'' MMM and FEL not to mention a 3rd tractor.
2*Smart man.
Like I've said before I'm getting to close to 70 to be playing musical implements.
I guess I've gotten burned out after doing it for 40 years.
3*Yep 3 won't use any more oil or fuel than 1 unless you are going to be operating them all at the same time.
4*You got that right!
== L B ==