Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #41  
Speaking as a guy with a torn rotator cuff, I could have told you the control mounted on the loader will irritate things a bit.

Speaking of old Olivers, some of you may recall my thread last year involving the girl who was restoring one and had two pistons that weighed in at 12 ounces more than the other ones. Just so you know, she ended up placing 2nd in a national competition with the thing, it won her some scholarship money and she has committed to Ohio State (excuse me, The Ohio State University) in the Ag Engineering program. If nothing else the old iron is worth keeping to let a kid earn scholarship money with

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #42  
Speaking as a guy with a torn rotator cuff, I could have told you the control mounted on the loader will irritate things a bit.

Speaking of old Olivers, some of you may recall my thread last year involving the girl who was restoring one and had two pistons that weighed in at 12 ounces more than the other ones. Just so you know, she ended up placing 2nd in a national competition with the thing, it won her some scholarship money and she has committed to Ohio State (excuse me, The Ohio State University) in the Ag Engineering program. If nothing else the old iron is worth keeping to let a kid earn scholarship money with it.

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #43  
Rich, Yes I recall that thread pretty well. I don't recall, it if it were mentioned, what she finally did and how well it balanced. I think it is wonderful she did so well. I'm a sucker for a GOOD ENDING.

I haven't had a rotator cuff problem and I didn't stay in a rented room last night but I had a "FROZEN" shoulder once. A couple weeks of therapy fixed it better than new. Both doctors and the therapists administered the same rotator cuff test and each nodded, "yup, its not your rotator cuff." So I know how to easily test for a torn/damaged rotator cuff but hope to never have one.

A friend of mine took a header off his horse a couple months ago chasing his and my heifers and thought he hurt his rotator cuff but instead he completely ripped a tendon loose from his shoulder and had to have surgery with a year being the estimated time to mostly recover.

Again, thanks for the update Rich, I just love it when a plan comes together.

Pat

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #44  
patrick_g said:
A friend of mine took a header off his horse a couple months ago ....
Pat

So tell me, Pat, how does the horse sound now with apparently open exhaust? Is this another case of "pimping your ride"? :)

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #45  
Hey Rich, GOOD SNATCH dude!!! I had to go back and read my post to get the context and figure out what the heck you were talking about.

Then when my little dim bulb came on flickering just a little I started laughing quite heartily.

Two pooints for you, man. One for the header bit and the other for pimping your ride, the pun on ride, horse or ...

I love it. Am I a good straight man or what? Thanks for that!!!

Pat

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #46  
I had a Toro Zero Turn (Deluxe), and an Old Bolens Iseki with a loader (not so Deluxe). The center of gravity seemed real high on the Bolens so it was scary with much weight in the loader, The zero turn mowed great, but was a one purpose machine. Sold both on Flea-bay, Ploped down another $4k and bought a brand new JD 2210 back in 2004. Never looked back. this was the right decision for me.

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #47  
I'm always looking for a 2nd tractor!

Soundguy

Bob_Young said:
Chris,
The way it was written sounded like you might be thinking of someday getting a second tractor.

Either way, no problem. I like dry humor :thumbsup:
Bob

/ Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #48  
Maxfli said:
I had a Toro Zero Turn (Deluxe), and an Old Bolens Iseki with a loader (not so Deluxe). The center of gravity seemed real high on the Bolens so it was scary with much weight in the loader, The zero turn mowed great, but was a one purpose machine. Sold both on Flea-bay, Ploped down another $4k and bought a brand new JD 2210 back in 2004. Never looked back. this was the right decision for me Sold both on Flea-bay, Ploped down another $4k and bought a brand new JD 2210 back in 2004. Never looked back. this was the right decision for me.

I got my 2004 BX23 Sept 2004.
Got 2 BX1500s Nov 2007.
Getting to close to 70 to play the musical attachments game.
3 tractors make a huge contributoion toward getting out of that game.
== L B ==

Last edited:
   / Two basic tractors vs. one deluxe tractor #49  
andrewj said:
a delux tractor? what is that? if you want delux, get a porsche. A tractor moves dirt, nothing that moves dirt is "deluxe."

I think you are fooling yourself into spending to omuch money on a tractor.

Get two. The older I get, the harder it is to take implements off. I'd love to have a tractor for each implement. haha.

I kinda thought I had a deluxe tractor. It has a cab. It has air conditioning, It has a stereo. And I have sirius sattelite radio in it. It has 4 wheel drive and two remote hydraulic connection. To me that is so deluxe it is decadent. When it is 100 degrees outside and you are in the cab with the air conditioning on and the stereo plays some Black Sabbath you are surrounding yourself in luxury.

Oh by the way I have a porsche and it is no where near as deluxe as the tractor. Actually my porsche is pretty utalitarian. It just goes fast.