TY359 Review and comments

/ TY359 Review and comments #31  
Well, I helped a neighbor move some hay yesterday when his tractor started leaking on the front axle and wouldn't let him back up. Still had the loss of power steering while carrying a hay bale. It's annoying to happen right in the middle of trying to position a bale to stop it right in place and not be able to turn the steering wheel.
I'm gonna call PR EQUIPMENT in Keren's on Monday just to see what the options are.
I have one coming from Kerens now

/ TY359 Review and comments #32  
Congrats on the new tractor, that just might be my next step up tractor. Love my SA 425, so much more capable than I thought it would be. Post pics!

/ TY359 Review and comments #33  
Congrats on the new tractor, that just might be my next step up tractor. Love my SA 425, so much more capable than I thought it would be. Post pics!
Thank you, Will do

/ TY359 Review and comments #35  
Hello, I have seen a few posts about the TY359 and I would like to put up my experience with the one that I have had for 2 years. First I am not doing a rant, All in all I really like the machine. I had a Kubota Grand L6060 before I got this and I liked it okay but I really didn't like pushing the hydro as hard as I was on my VERY steep driveway plowing. I also have a John Deere 5100E , JD 2520, Farmall M , JD60 and a JD 435... So I like to think I am fairly in tune with all flavors / types of tractors :) . So I will give my negatives first so I can end on a high note :)

Cons:
Heat Shield rattle ! O my gosh nothing gets on my nerves like hearing some heat shield rattling! I had to fabricate a new heat shield out of Stanless (I own a machine shop / fab shop so it was an option). The heat shield by the muffler was the first one to rattle. After that one was fixes about a month later the shield by the starter added in and I had to weld a stiffener on that shield. If anyone else is having this issue I am more than happy to show how I solved this.

Horn contacts started making a horrid noise when I would turn the wheel in one direction. The pickups for the horn button are little brass shoes that slide on a ring. one of them was bent wrong and digging in making some noise that was very unpleasant.

Seat is a little low, I am not tall and I feel like my knees are in my chest driving it

Options that should be included : Sun visor, Rear View Mirror, rear wiper, Cab light switch on the door... I think that is about all the things that I can think of... I have done all but the cab door switch

The noise in the cab is sort of high, My John Deere 5100E has way less cab noise.

The Pros:
The power is amazing!
The machine starts like it is summer in the coldest of days (we are in Maine so cold is zero and below)
The transmission is why I got the machine and it is worth all the cons... It is so much better than a hydro-static machine of the same HP.
The cab has WAY more room in it than the Kubota
The Auto throttle works great, I can use the snow blower and it will regulate the ground speed on it's own to keep things going a quickly as it can.
Visibility from the cab is great.
Smooth to operate
3rd function for running the grapple works great.

I hope that helps someone that is looking to buy a machine like this one. All in all I really like the machine and I would recommend it over the Kubota.

Thanks
Brian
what does a guy need to add the third funtion valve? yt347

/ TY359 Review and comments
No idea... I think it is included. It's easy to see if you look under the right side of the machine by the valve bank. If you see a micro switch with a pin you can pull to release it, it has a 3rd function.

/ TY359 Review and comments #37  
It's an option that needs to be installed. It's custom made to integrate directly with the tractor. It's a diverter style valve which means it limits function to the specific motion so you can't curl and use the third function at the same time. Not a big deal.

I opted to go with the WR Long live 3rd function. It allows full articulation all at the same time. I installed it myself.
Other reason I went this direction is I have a hydraulically run front brush cutter that requires it.

Your dealer should be able to get the proper kit for you either way. My dealer got me the proper WR Long kit.

Attachments

• 20230329_095909.jpg
    20230329_095909.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
Sorry, I told you all I would post a few pics of the heat shield that I made for mine. it has been on there for a few years now so I think it's going to hold up! The material is 316 stainless .090" thick. it was some scrap I had around the shop, We call it availability engineering here 😀. The big takeaway from what I did was adding the support in the back to the bolt on the muffler (if you can call that monstrosity a muffler).

back.jpeg

side.jpeg

That is the heat shield to protect the hood from when the “muffler” / filter goes into its clean out cycle and burns everything. I may have gone a bit over the top but the original one would start vibrating like mad at some engine RPM’s.