Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #141  
Daryl,

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI'm not implying that all I-engines are unsafe.... I'm fully aware that most over the road trucks are inline.... The advantages are there.. You seem to be taking all that I say as a jab for some reason.. Your Western Star and a Ford Super Duty, even up to an F-450(even F-750 for that matter) are totally different trucks.. You know that as well as I do... I am in no way trying to compare the two.. For crash standards in a "light duty truck" (ie:F-Super Duty) this can make a difference...Ask your BIL if he has heard of this..Maybe he can confirm or contradict it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No skin off my back, I'd welcome another opinion on how ULSD effects an inline(oops, wrong topic)/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifHe may be able to add to the Cummins debate.. BTW, I'm allot more of a "wrench" than an "engineer" myself.. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Dearborn(as a matter of fact), so they knighted me with the title..

Yes, you can still get the 2.3L inline 4cyl in the Ranger.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So,do they even have government crash standards on big trucks?

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #142  
Daryl,

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI'm not implying that all I-engines are unsafe.... I'm fully aware that most over the road trucks are inline.... The advantages are there.. You seem to be taking all that I say as a jab for some reason.. Your Western Star and a Ford Super Duty, even up to an F-450(even F-750 for that matter) are totally different trucks.. You know that as well as I do... I am in no way trying to compare the two.. For crash standards in a "light duty truck" (ie:F-Super Duty) this can make a difference...Ask your BIL if he has heard of this..Maybe he can confirm or contradict it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No skin off my back, I'd welcome another opinion on how ULSD effects an inline(oops, wrong topic)/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifHe may be able to add to the Cummins debate.. BTW, I'm allot more of a "wrench" than an "engineer" myself.. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Dearborn(as a matter of fact), so they knighted me with the title..

Yes, you can still get the 2.3L inline 4cyl in the Ranger.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So,do they even have government crash standards on big trucks?

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #143  
<font color="blue"> I didn't know the Ranger could be had with an inline engine. I though all available engines were V6's. </font>

Nope, the standard engine is an inline FOUR. I had one in my old Ranger... very underpowered! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #144  
<font color="blue"> I didn't know the Ranger could be had with an inline engine. I though all available engines were V6's. </font>

Nope, the standard engine is an inline FOUR. I had one in my old Ranger... very underpowered! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #145  
HGM:

I never take anything as a jab. That what I like about the Internet, a great place to converse, with civility at least on this site. I'm on others less civil but that's neither here nor there.

As far as I am aware, there are no crash guidelines on class 6 or 7 straight trucks or class 7 or 8 tractors. and no manufacturer makes a V engine, they are all inline. The 3208 Cat is a vocational, special order power unit primarily used in municipal trucks. It's a throw away engine. DDEC still makes V engines (at least they did 2 years ago) for construction use like drag lines and stationary power applications. The V-2 stroke is better suited for a steady rpm application where it's run in it's rated power band continuously.

The Holiday Inn in Dearborn eh! You need to visit Greenfield Village. You can walk from the Inn, only do it in the daylight.

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #146  
HGM:

I never take anything as a jab. That what I like about the Internet, a great place to converse, with civility at least on this site. I'm on others less civil but that's neither here nor there.

As far as I am aware, there are no crash guidelines on class 6 or 7 straight trucks or class 7 or 8 tractors. and no manufacturer makes a V engine, they are all inline. The 3208 Cat is a vocational, special order power unit primarily used in municipal trucks. It's a throw away engine. DDEC still makes V engines (at least they did 2 years ago) for construction use like drag lines and stationary power applications. The V-2 stroke is better suited for a steady rpm application where it's run in it's rated power band continuously.

The Holiday Inn in Dearborn eh! You need to visit Greenfield Village. You can walk from the Inn, only do it in the daylight.

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #147  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( HGM:

I never take anything as a jab. That what I like about the Internet, a great place to converse, with civility at least on this site. I'm on others less civil but that's neither here nor there. )</font> )</font>

Good, I feel the same way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif....

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blue" class="small">(
As far as I am aware, there are no crash guidelines on class 6 or 7 straight trucks or class 7 or 8 tractors. and no manufacturer makes a V engine, they are all inline. The 3208 Cat is a vocational, special order power unit primarily used in municipal trucks. It's a throw away engine. DDEC still makes V engines (at least they did 2 years ago) for construction use like drag lines and stationary power applications. The V-2 stroke is better suited for a steady rpm application where it's run in it's rated power band continuously.)</font>

I wasnt sure... I suspect its because the inlines are inherantly more torquey(??)
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
The Holiday Inn in Dearborn eh! You need to visit Greenfield Village. You can walk from the Inn, only do it in the daylight. )</font>

Been to the museum and several other places, but the village is always closed by the time I get away... I guess I need to do a vacation there one year, my son would like it too.. Its not in the best neighborhood ,but its not that bad on that side of the tracks.. Kinda reminded me of home(Miami) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #148  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( HGM:

I never take anything as a jab. That what I like about the Internet, a great place to converse, with civility at least on this site. I'm on others less civil but that's neither here nor there. )</font> )</font>

Good, I feel the same way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif....

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blue" class="small">(
As far as I am aware, there are no crash guidelines on class 6 or 7 straight trucks or class 7 or 8 tractors. and no manufacturer makes a V engine, they are all inline. The 3208 Cat is a vocational, special order power unit primarily used in municipal trucks. It's a throw away engine. DDEC still makes V engines (at least they did 2 years ago) for construction use like drag lines and stationary power applications. The V-2 stroke is better suited for a steady rpm application where it's run in it's rated power band continuously.)</font>

I wasnt sure... I suspect its because the inlines are inherantly more torquey(??)
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
The Holiday Inn in Dearborn eh! You need to visit Greenfield Village. You can walk from the Inn, only do it in the daylight. )</font>

Been to the museum and several other places, but the village is always closed by the time I get away... I guess I need to do a vacation there one year, my son would like it too.. Its not in the best neighborhood ,but its not that bad on that side of the tracks.. Kinda reminded me of home(Miami) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #149  
HGM:

I recommend Cabela's in Dundee, Mi., followed by Greenfield Village and a trip to MIS for a race. You can stay in Dundee which is central to each of them and five minutes from our farm.

/ Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel Warning #150  
HGM:

I recommend Cabela's in Dundee, Mi., followed by Greenfield Village and a trip to MIS for a race. You can stay in Dundee which is central to each of them and five minutes from our farm.