Upgrade Downtime

/ Upgrade Downtime #1  

Ibrahim

Administrator
Tractor
My CPU is a neural net processor.
Hello Everyone,

This is just a note to inform everyone that I expect the site to be down from 1-4am Eastern Time, Tuesday July 22nd 2003.

This is to upgrade the RAM in our physical server and we hope to bring much more speed and reliability to the site.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ibrahim

/ Upgrade Downtime #2  
If it's more speed the down time will be worth it. At work I am ok with the speed but at home with a 56k dial up that at best runs 26k it gets very slow.

I will not have a problem with the downtime.

murph

/ Upgrade Downtime
We're upgraded.

I have to make some tweaks tomorrow morning to make use of the memory. But we shall have to see.

-Ibrahim

/ Upgrade Downtime #4  
<font color="blue">( we shall have to see.)</font>

Hi Ibrahim,

Some quick preliminary tests with the slower Internet Explorer browser... indicate everything seems to be "snapping to attention" now... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(p.s.- the on-screen counter has now gone from "seconds" down to milliseconds... for multiple hits...!) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[flaming emoticon]

/ Upgrade Downtime #5  
We still have some settings to change to take advantage of the upgrade. We should have a better configuration later today.

/ Upgrade Downtime #6  
Very nice. Was taking several seconds to go back to the main index, now almost instant.

Thanks

Lloyd

/ Upgrade Downtime #8  
<font color="blue"> We still have some settings to change to take advantage of the upgrade. </font>
Somebody did more than just make a change to exploit the additional memory! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime
Observant today, aren't we? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Ibrahim

/ Upgrade Downtime #10  
<font color="blue"> Observant today, aren't we? </font>
I was born at night, but not last night! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I liked the former way that indicated how many new posts were there. I imagine just showing there is something new is faster. No need to determine how many new things.