Upgrade Downtime

/ Upgrade Downtime #51  
<font color="blue"> Speaking of the number of posts. You should talk. You're over 2,000!! </font>

Yeah, that's true... But, I bet if you went through mine you'd find that well over half of them would be me asking a question or asking for further explanation or elaboration on an answer to one of my questions.

Every once in a while someone asks something I happen to know something about, but most of my posts are my trying to learn.

I'm always amazed at people like Bird, John Miller III and many others who are just incredible wealths of information and so incredibly generous with it and patient beyond words with folks like me who sometimes need it explained three or four different ways (often with pictures and diagrams) before I 'get it.'

I've said it before and I'll say it again here. TBN is a perfect example of what I always thought the Internet could be. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #52  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've said it before and I'll say it again here. TBN is a perfect example of what I always thought the Internet could be. )</font>

Couldn't agree with you more! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, I could. But it wouldn't make any difference! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #53  
Muhammad and all at TBN,

I like the new look. I poked around a while and it is nice. What I really like is the fact that I am at 28.8 dialup here at home and the text just rockets in here very fast now. Only a second or two slower than our high speed connection at work. Once the graphics are cached, the entire page loads in a very short time. Keep up the great work and thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

David G.

/ Upgrade Downtime #54  
Re: Upgrade Downtime-DONATIONS to TBN...

It was not me Muhamaad,but what can I do for you ?

As far as the new features my not saying I like it,I think I may have spoke too soon.I say lets all try it for a week or 2 and see how we like it,I too will take speed of the sytem of a few "creature comforts"

/ Upgrade Downtime #55  
Re: Upgrade Downtime-DONATIONS to TBN...

Muhammad,

Another site I frequent - Geocaching.com - has a Premium membership option that gives those members certain extra features, but is basically supported because the members love the site.

I'll bet they're even making a profit! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #56  
<font color="blue">( Generated in 0.073 seconds in which 0.036 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries. Zlib compression enabled. ) </font>

Well Ibrahim... you got us from seconds to milliseconds... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...when do we get down to micro or nanoseconds... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #57  
Any faster they'll be givin' us what we want before we ask! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #58  
<font color="blue">( they'll be givin' us what we want before we ask! ) </font>

Hi Chris...

That's exactly what we're looking for...

I want to see the answer... BEFORE the question is posted... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

(certainly, Ibrahim can do that! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)