Upgrade Downtime

/ Upgrade Downtime #31  
Re: Upgrade Downtime-DONATIONS to TBN...

<font color="blue">( and our current server budget )</font>

<font color="red"> Give us an address to send a few dollars. </font>

Hi Muhammad,

The TBN guys want to help with expenses...

All seriousness... why not post at the top of the screen a button to DONATE to the TractorByNet monthly maintenance fund...

Display the TBN address and phone number so people can mail their checks (whatever they feel it's worth to them) or call the phone number to put it on their credit cards...

Maybe you can even come up with some TBN Lifetime Membership amounts... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey TBN Fellow Members... what do ya think? Would ya all be willing to chip in a few dollars on an annual basis for the TractorByNet website...? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #32  

We're considring an option like this, only because so many people are mentioning it now. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #33  

<font color="blue"> why not post at the top of the screen a button to DONATE to the TractorByNet monthly maintenance fund... </font>
While I might be revealing my age with this comment...

Hopefully, this wont be like the Soupy Sales incident when, as a joke on his TV show, told the kids to go to their mother's pocket book, take some of the green pieces of paper and send it in. Ole Soupy got lots of cash that, in his case, he had to return. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #34  
I guess, I for one, don't really care for it. If I used to see there was ONE new post, for say an XYZ attachment, and that didn't interest me, I'd just go on. Now I have to go to that forum/post to see what and HOW MANY new posts there were. Seems to me that only slows the site down for everyone else.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #35  
I liked the old way too. The new way just slows me down. If it slows me down, seems to me like it would slow the server some?

/ Upgrade Downtime #36  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ___________________________________________________

Hey TBN Fellow Members... what do ya think? Would ya all be willing to chip in a few dollars on an annual basis for the TractorByNet website...? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I could probably spare some of my weekly donut money for such a worthy cause! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Upgrade Downtime #37  

I much preferred the old display with the post counts - and honestly rarely noticed the site being unacceptably slow. What about making these two main changes configurable by the user via their profile? (post count and all-or-one forum searching).

That way, those that want a more feature rich interface can decide to live with the speed - those who want the speed can streamline their "experience".

Still miss the profile search feature as well.

Tim

/ Upgrade Downtime #38  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( All of us who HAVE tractors get to see the tractor icon. )</font>

OUCH!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey, I can now see the tractor signs too! That must mean that anyone who WILL be getting a tractor can see them too!!

/ Upgrade Downtime #39  

I miss the old look too, and living at the absolute end of the bullet-riddled phone line, my connection was as slow as they come!

Pete

/ Upgrade Downtime #40  
I like the old way a hundred times better. Does this mean we are stuck with this new way? The last site that did something like this. I kept going back to it less and less, to where I never go there now. I would rather it would be slower than have it this way. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif