Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures!

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #111  
This thread got me curious. A used 2012 DS4510HS with 900 hours is the same price on Tractor-house as I paid for my 2013 new.

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #112  
The change in monetary policy has been in the works (listen to Jerome Powell- FED chair) for a few months now. The amount of QE is getting trimmed back and it looks like rate hikes are coming. None of that is going to solve supply chain issues. Supply for some goods will benefit if rates go high enough to deter purchases. Trucking, warehouse, and chip shortage issues have to be addressed separately.
You're getting your information and expecting a fix from the people who cause the problems. Hilarious.

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #113  
This thread got me curious. A used 2012 DS4510HS with 900 hours is the same price on Tractor-house as I paid for my 2013 new.
My nephew is a GM at a new car dealership. Last year, customers who were trading in one year old cars were getting more in trade than they paid for them new.

When things are this out of whack, one has to wonder how long this can continue.

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #114  
I fixed this to be more accurate. We've have pandemics before. Many times before. Hell in 1968/69 there was a pandemic that killed millions, and life went on. They even held the Woodstock festival.

I'm not sure what history you have been reading. I had a business in the 1960s, where i met and hosted customers from all over the US.
Several of my workers went to the Woodstock Festival.

The point being that I never heard of a pandemic at that time, much less one that "killed millions". AFAIK, the word hadn't even been invented. People in groups were generally pretty healthy back then. At least we never heard of any health-related concerns from mass gatherings - and we would have.

Check your sources,
rScotty

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #115  

That could either be due to used prices going up or the value of the dollar going down. To know which one it is, the dollars from now and from back then have to be adjusted to have equal purchasing power.

My guess is what you are seeing is probably a decline in the value of the dollar.
rScotty

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #116  
You're getting your information and expecting a fix from the people who cause the problems. Hilarious.
No, I'm not "expecting a fix", especially not a simple one like people think they get from a king. Powell was warning congress all the way back into 2019 on the chance of inflation so this was being foreseen. Then a global pandemic hits and is still here. Now war mongers are ramping up too. I surly see nothing "hilarious" in any of it either.

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #117  
No, I'm not "expecting a fix", especially not a simple one like people think they get from a king. Powell was warning congress all the way back into 2019 on the chance of inflation so this was being foreseen. Then a global pandemic hits and is still here. Now war mongers are ramping up too. I surly see nothing "hilarious" in any of it either.
Ruff what inspired the profile pic change? I liked the little dog you used to have.

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #119  
That could either be due to used prices going up or the value of the dollar going down. To know which one it is, the dollars from now and from back then have to be adjusted to have equal purchasing power.

My guess is what you are seeing is probably a decline in the value of the dollar.
rScotty
You know, they don't calculate inflation like they did in the 70's. If they did, this past year would be around 15% instead of the 8% figure they're using. There has been a ton of inflation since I bought my tractor. I'd guess around 50% using a fair calculation, not the governments.

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #120  
Prices for cars and trucks are much higher now. Supply and demand. A dealer that normally has 500 units on hand only has 20-35. That is a lack of SUPPLY so it drives DEMAND up.
Labor and materials are also up.