Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures!

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #132  
SNIP.......if the Fed is working correctly, it will automatically be "out of step" with the rest of the business community and in fact with the whole country.

Talk about a tough job. The Feds job is to be the country's #1 Party Pooper. When the Fed does they are supposed to do, and does it correctly, they are guaranteed to be unpopular with most of the citizens, all of Wall Street, and both political parties.

rScotty

Overall, it's hard to disagree with the job the Fed had done in the last 100 years. As a country the USA is the richest the world has known. Some financial bobbles happened, although nothing like the century before.

But since the job of the Fed is to lean one way when the entire country leans the other, what does it mean when we agree with them?

rScotty

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #135  
And that the watch dogs have become lap dogs.

Yep. They sure have. But is it any wonder why the watch dogs got lazy?
After all, it's hard to argue with a roaring economy. A year ago I thought it was going to be a shortage of money leading to a recession or even depression. Boy was I wrong.

Instead of economizing, the whole country is in a buying frenzy. Pickup trucks, houses, computers, entertainment, investments, and tractors. Has the country ever seen so many people lining up to spend money like they are this year? All waving their wallets and willing to pay more than asking price for so many things?

Employment is booming. There are more jobs than people to do them, and so much money that folks can't find enough things to spend it on. Everywhere I look, people are buying. Wages are up and the workweek is down. More time to play.
Here on TBN we have more threads than ever about buying new tractors.

I read the other day that the new Ford electric F150 PU has already sold more trucks than they can build this year. Mustangs too. I bet they don't go for MSRP anymore than tractors or houses do.

It's crazy out there.
rScotty

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #137  
Here are the real charts...I think even these charts are low, as they are just using prior methodologies. Those prior and current methodologies still exclude things like housing and rent as those are not viewed as consumable items. Notice on the bottom chart, how the gap between the two methodologies slowly expands showing the changing way they count.

alt-cpi-home2.gif

sgs-cpi.gif

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #138  
How many (Ford F150 Lightnings) are they going to build this year?

Not only do I not know, but I wouldn't know who to ask.

One thing I do know, is I'm glad not to be in the buyer market this year. It's so crowded with big item consumers that it would take a lot of the fun out of bargaining.

So I'm going to pass on the present buying frenzy, but I am glad to see that so many folks are doing so well financially.
rScotty

/ Used prices going up, up, up - Tractor Futures! #139  
One thing I do know, is I'm glad not to be in the buyer market this year. It's so crowded with big item consumers that it would take a lot of the fun out of bargaining.
It has certainly made finding a value buy much more difficult. However, it has served as one of the greatest learning opportunities of my life.