Useful attachments adapted to PT ?

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #21  
You could also put females on the PTO out, and males on all the implement hoses, and color code them for normal operation. Then swap if you need to reverse.

Not nearly as elegant as the flip of a switch or lever, but I'd guess a whole heck of a lot less expensive.
I have done that for the attachments that need the Q/A auxiliary hydraulics. A blue zip tie on one side. For others with fewer powered attachments, that might pencil out. Given the number of powered attachments that I have, the 4-way adapter route is cheaper for me. If I was going to switch it flat face couplers, I would certainly think of doing what you suggest.

All the best,

Peter

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #22  
I'm guessing that you adapted a hydraulic motor to drive the flail mower, but how did you do it? And how does it compare to a rotary brush cutter? Doesn't throw debris as far? How does it compare to a normal rotary cutter when it comes to weight distribution and stability?
The Titan flail came as shown with hydraulic drive (I pulled the motor off and it has a 1 3/8" 6spline motor and coupler).
It is not as powerful or effective as a rotary cutter (and with cast scoop knives it cuts grass poorly). But the rotor with cast knives is just above the roller and only a few inches away. In areas with numerous rocks, the roller protects the cutters from hitting the rocks a lot more effectively then the side skids on a rotary cutter. I almost never hit rocks with the flail. It does not throw material far (that is why a lot of state highway depts use them on the roadway, so it wont throw stuff into traffic.)
I use it on the 1430 and it is heavy. If I reverse quickly up hill, the rear wheels will lift a bit.
Titan stuff is Chinese. I have a few items and feel they are good quality, but they make things strong by making them bulky and heavy.
The weight on the flail is close to the coupler as opposed to a rotary that would be 5'+ away from the coupler (even know the furthest out is light weight).
I need and use it for brush in rocky areas, that is what it does best and not great for anything else with the cast scoops.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #24  
I was thinking about building this. How do you keep from digging in?
I am not sure I know what you mean. The mower has a large roller that goes from the left side to the right side. You adjust the height of the cutters by tipping back or rolling forward. It is about 4" in dia and although noise when hitting rocks, it floats over stuff pretty well. Most of the time I have it raised high enough where it doesn't touch the ground until I misjudge.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #25  
That was it. The rollers. But you don’t have anything in the front. I saw a sister version with casters on the front.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ?
I've seen front mount flail mowers for ATVs that had the roller in the front, but the Ramy120 front mount brush cutter for ATVs has the roller behind the three cutting blades. RAMMY Brush cutter 120 ATV PRO - Rammy.

One thing I like about the Ramy design is that by using three smaller cutter heads, they are still able to achieve a decent cutting width without the brush cutter extending so far in front of the ATV.

That being said, there's something to be said for the relative simplicity and effectiveness of having two large swinging blades mounted to a heavy steel plate like on a normal rotary brush cutter.

Submitted an order for a PT 1445, PT brush cutter and an adapter plate a couple of days ago.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #27  
Congratulations!

My $0.02: In the first ten hours or so, I would not go over 50% throttle, or really push, it to let the seals settle in.

I always add something to up the lubricity of diesel fuel, as the engines were not designed for ULSD.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #28  
I've seen front mount flail mowers for ATVs that had the roller in the front, but the Ramy120 front mount brush cutter for ATVs has the roller behind the three cutting blades. RAMMY Brush cutter 120 ATV PRO - Rammy.

One thing I like about the Ramy design is that by using three smaller cutter heads, they are still able to achieve a decent cutting width without the brush cutter extending so far in front of the ATV.

That being said, there's something to be said for the relative simplicity and effectiveness of having two large swinging blades mounted to a heavy steel plate like on a normal rotary brush cutter.

Submitted an order for a PT 1445, PT brush cutter and an adapter plate a couple of days ago.
Congrats! (y) (y)

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ?
Thanks. I appreciate all the useful guidance from PT owners. I decided to go ahead and get the PT brush cutter figuring that Ponytug has already figured out how to change out the blade bolts for ones that don't break.

I will also work on the adapter after I receive the PT and get a better idea of how the PT attachment plate works.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #30  
I recommend a spinner knob for the steering wheel. ;)