Useful attachments adapted to PT ?

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ?
Moss Road: I've watched two of your videos using your long tongs, but do you have a picture how you have them set up on the attachment plate? I've considered doing something similar as an interim step until I figure out adapting a grapple.

I always add something to up the lubricity of diesel fuel, as the engines were not designed for ULSD.
What have you been using?

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #32  
I have a 2" receiver welded to a quick attach plate.
I put a ring hitch in that and hang the chain with the tongs on that. It's easy to adjust the length of chain...

Short for just dropping the tongs onto a log from the seat, or I can feed it out to grab logs I can't get the machine close enough to.

I have an angle iron welded vertically to the QA plate that I can wrap the excess chain around and hang the hooks on.

IMG_3660.jpeg

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #33  
I've seen front mount flail mowers for ATVs that had the roller in the front, but the Ramy120 front mount brush cutter for ATVs has the roller behind the three cutting blades. RAMMY Brush cutter 120 ATV PRO - Rammy.

One thing I like about the Ramy design is that by using three smaller cutter heads, they are still able to achieve a decent cutting width without the brush cutter extending so far in front of the ATV.

That being said, there's something to be said for the relative simplicity and effectiveness of having two large swinging blades mounted to a heavy steel plate like on a normal rotary brush cutter.

Submitted an order for a PT 1445, PT brush cutter and an adapter plate a couple of days ago.

A few things. Order a bunch of adapter plates. Order anything else right now as well. Shipping costs are too high to not bundle as much as you can.

I have a variation of the problem that M5040 chose a Ryan's grapple to solve. Part of the area I need to clean up is essentially a drop off adjacent to a narrow trail. I'm not quite sure that I can reach the downed logs with a grapple mounted to the PT. It would be nice to have a winch to winch the logs to the PT, and then drag them out along the trail.

The other option for me is to use the portable winch to winch the logs up the hill out of the way, but our temps are consistently reaching 60 degrees or more now. That is going to bring out the snakes. So the less I'm walking around and putting my hands in to these downed logs, the better at least until next winter comes.

The thing that would be nice if there was a gear motor that could be set up to interchangeably drive either a PHD or a hydraulic winch, etc attachment that could be changed out depending on which attachment was needed.

Last edited:
A few things. Order a bunch of adapter plates. Order anything else right now as well. Shipping costs are too high to not bundle as much as you can.
The adapter plate for the 1445 is now $400. I was hoping to make an adapter for the one plate I am ordering and avoid buying more of them, but I may come to regret it?

Kristie Cook told me a price increase for the 1445 is coming which I suppose also means a general price increase.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #36  
If you can make QA plates yourself, you'll save some money. Maybe order one spare for a template, or you'll be taking measurements from an implement, which also works.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #37  
I went up on two wheels. Grape vines had it held down.

IMG_3665.png

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #38  
Here's a fuzzy close up of the ring and vertical angle iron. Hope it's visible.

IMG_3666.png

Maybe I need to buy myself a good helmet first?

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #40  
If you can make QA plates yourself, you'll save some money. Maybe order one spare for a template, or you'll be taking measurements from an implement, which also works.

What Moss says. Jeez. $400? Totally worth buying a stick welder. Even if you have send cut send make the parts it would be way cheaper.