Using Rotella T6 in UTV

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #1  

TN8Man

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010 CAB HST
Looking for the best price on Polaris PS-4 liquid gold and ran across people talking about using Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil.
That's new to me so just curious if anyone here uses Rotella or has heard of it.

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #3  
Rotella T6 5W40 meets the spec for my Kawasaki teryx 800. It's all I have used since new.

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #4  
I have used Rotella in my 2008 RTV for almost as long as I’ve owned it. Doesn’t use a drop of oil between oil changes.
Also use it in both tractors With good results

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #6  
T6 used to be gasoline rated, is not now.

Shell self-certifies to JASO MA which oddly requires any one of the major standards body's gasoline rating. I don't really believe they can hold both diesel and gasoline standards as that is the very reason stated why T6 is no longer both gasoline and diesel.

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #7  
T6 used to be gasoline rated, is not now.

Shell self-certifies to JASO MA which oddly requires any one of the major standards body's gasoline rating. I don't really believe they can hold both diesel and gasoline standards as that is the very reason stated why T6 is no longer both gasoline and diesel.
From what I have come across this week while researching oil for our skid steer, found that Rotella may of lost their gas rating due to the phosphorus levels which exceed the allowable level for automobile engines.

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #8  
Decent discussion from 2017 on BITOG here. Other web sources indicate the only problem may be with newer engines, stricter warrantees and possibly denied warrantee claims.

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV
From what I read Rotella T6 is API-SM rated and can be used in gasoline engines that don't have catalytic converters.

/ Using Rotella T6 in UTV #10  
Looking for the best price on Polaris PS-4 liquid gold and ran across people talking about using Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil.
That's new to me so just curious if anyone here uses Rotella or has heard of it.
I use Rotella T6 in all my non road engines. I think it's a great oil and it's suitable for use with wet clutches as well.

I'm by no means an expert on oil, but everything I read about T6 is good.

I don't use it in my road vehicles unless I can get a really good deal on it. It's just too expensive with no immediate return on investment. My road vehicles get traded in around 200-250000 miles or 4 to 6 years and I find regular synthetic to be sufficient. Truth is, regular dinosaur oil would be fine when you meet or exceed the oil change requirements as set out by the manufacturer of your vehicle.