UTV shopping - ROXOR?

/ UTV shopping - ROXOR? #21  
This sounds to good to be true....... :rolleyes: .........
I have no personal experience with the Roxor's, but it makes sense that they'd last longer than a UTV. The Roxor is essentially a Jeep CJ with a diesel engine and Dana 44 axles. Most (perhaps all) UTV's are thin tube frame buggy's with over size, high revving ATV engines. The Roxor obviously isn't going to go where a SxS will, but I would bet an awful lot that they'll last lots longer.

/ UTV shopping - ROXOR? #22  
My neighbor has one. It's hard to find differences between it and the old CJ I used to have, except it's new so everything works like it was intended. They don't come street legal, It sounds like some people are somehow converting them to make them street legal.

It is not what I would consider a UTV. If a jeep is the right tool for where you want to run it, you would probably be happy. For my uses I prefer a normal SxS.
There are a number of states where ATV's and SxS's are street legal on county roads. In practice, in many of those cases, they get a pass on rural state roads as well. There are a lot of folks in my county, some right in town, who don't own a "street legal" vehicle. They just use a SxS. Some put road tires on them for better tire life. A Roxor would be ideal for those folks.

/ UTV shopping - ROXOR? #23  
I have no personal experience with the Roxor's, but it makes sense that they'd last longer than a UTV. The Roxor is essentially a Jeep CJ with a diesel engine and Dana 44 axles. Most (perhaps all) UTV's are thin tube frame buggy's with over size, high revving ATV engines. The Roxor obviously isn't going to go where a SxS will, but I would bet an awful lot that they'll last lots longer.
We do have experience utilizing UTV's, ATV's and small trucks used on trails for work. We had been using Toyota truck but switched back to a 6x6 atv for that that. We have zero confidence that "Roxor" built a better mouse trap nor are we looking for a CJ for that work.

Let us know when you have personal experience with the Roxor...

/ UTV shopping - ROXOR? #24  
We do have experience utilizing UTV's, ATV's and small trucks used on trails for work. We had been using Toyota truck but switched back to a 6x6 atv for that that. We have zero confidence that "Roxor" built a better mouse trap nor are we looking for a CJ for that work.

Let us know when you have personal experience with the Roxor...
How many miles did your Toyota truck have on it? The Roxor is a body on frame truck. Solid axles, manual transmission, manual transfer case, diesel engine. It makes perfect sense that it would last longer than a UTV. Trucks like that generally do. While I would like to, I doubt I'll ever own one. I have a Suzuki Samurai, which is the same size and basic design as the Roxor, other than the diesel engine. I hope to remedy that with a Kubota engine at some point. Oh, and "Roxor" didn't make anything. That's the model name. The company is Mahindra and they've been making these since shortly after WW2.

Last edited: