Vented non fuel jugs.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #31  
Why are you guys putting diesel in them? They are clearly labeled for non-fuel use! ;)
Right, that’s why I only put “heavy oil” or “hydrocarbon mixtures” in my non-approved jugs. ;)

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #32  
No-Spill cans are more expensive but after buying my first one over 10 years ago I won’t buy anything else. They are very well built and can be stored in any position without leaking. I now own 5 of them.

I have several of those in 1 gallon and 2.5 gallons. They’re great for small equipment and mixed gas. I wish they sold one in purple or something for mixed gas. I had a 5 gallon and I gave it away. The 5 gallon was a no go for me. It takes forever to empty was the first problem and the short non flexible spout makes fueling some fuel tank designs difficult if not impossible.

• Good Post
Reactions: RB5
   / Vented non fuel jugs. #33  
I have a red one and a yellow one that I don’t put gas or diesel in. 😎

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #34  
So I bought a vented non fuel jug today. As best I can tell it can be used for fuel other than the fact it has the old style vent cap you can loosen to let air in. Any reason to not use these for diesel? The one I bought is like the picture below except it’s yellow. I of course wouldn’t use it for fuel since it says not to. ;)
View attachment 843779
Manufactory only recommends for kerosene and diesel
fuel, which they work great for. Not recommend for gas because of expansion and fumes. It has a bigger mouth which works great to use a 12 volt pump to remove fuel. The 12 volt pump is not for use with gas. The following https://www.amazon.com/Multifunctio...0&psc=1&mcid=95d2d53fe6af3655880b8dc11bd9c185

the attachment shows the ones I had the best luck with. Buy a couple extra because as soon as your neighbor watches you empty 5 gallons of diesel in your tractor in about a minute they will want one.
IMG_5936.png

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #35  
Manufactory only recommends for kerosene and diesel
fuel, which they work great for. Not recommend for gas because of expansion and fumes. It has a bigger mouth which works great to use a 12 volt pump to remove fuel. The 12 volt pump is not for use with gas. The following https://www.amazon.com/Multifunctio...0&psc=1&mcid=95d2d53fe6af3655880b8dc11bd9c185

the attachment shows the ones I had the best luck with. Buy a couple extra because as soon as your neighbor watches you empty 5 gallons of diesel in your tractor in about a minute they will want one. View attachment 848072
IMG_5937.png

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #36  
I have several of those in 1 gallon and 2.5 gallons. They’re great for small equipment and mixed gas. I wish they sold one in purple or something for mixed gas. I had a 5 gallon and I gave it away. The 5 gallon was a no go for me. It takes forever to empty was the first problem and the short non flexible spout makes fueling some fuel tank designs difficult if not impossible.
they make an extension.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #37  
I have a few 2.5 gal T6 empty oil containers will spray them
with some yellow paint and all 6 of them cost me less than
$5 and very easy to handle. I also have the 5 gal yellow
containers that I sit on the tire and pump in the fuel as I
don't have the 55 gal tank set up as of yet too many other
things to do.

willy

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #38  
Got tired of the "cans". Went with these 14 gal portable tanks and pumps instead. And yes there is diesel in my red tanks (with Diesel written on them)

Scepter 14 gal portable tank
and this pump
ac/dc gas and diesel compatible pump

I got 2 tanks for gas and 2 for diesel. One pump for either. The pump hose does drain out pretty good but wasn't sure how good for the smaller tanks before I bought them, at least I have a spare if one goes out.

I originally wanted ONE pump for diesel AND gas but gave up because of the price and the jerry rigging I would have to do. That and I do have smaller tanks that I don't need 27 gal a minute to fill. I just don't go through enough fuel to get a "bulk" tank and these I can rotate out to keep using the older fuel. "Light" enough for me to man-handle out of the truck and the wife just use's the bucket. I just put conditioner in all year round as they can sit for months sometimes.
I don't suggest using the stock hose/handle on the tanks, you pump the lever in the handle to pump the fuel. They do work, BUT, it takes a while. I even tried putting it in the bucket and gravity drained it but what a pain. I took the hose's off and will use them for a back up. (or future Jerry Rigging).
The pumps work for gas AND diesel and they use AC and DC. (Not battery operated). 8' hose and actually not bad at all. Not much slower then using a can but zero lifting and spillage. I just lay the tank on it's back and just stick the pump in and good to go. The pumps only fit a couple of my normal 5 gal cans and didn't quite fit the others as the base of the pump is where the impeller/pump is.

I've had them around 2 years and probably gone through about 500 gal or so on either pump and so far so good. I would take a little extra care of the hose on the pump just to be sure. So far so good. Do NOT leave the pumps out in the weather. I have an unheated insulated shop and zero issues but I left one of the pumps out in the rain for a day or so by mistake and I found the ground connector for the plug on the pump started to show rust. Still works fine so far.

Another longer story short,
I ended up with an extra tank so I bought another pump and fill it with water for the wife's outdoor plants. I just use the battery on the SxS or mower to power it. The tanks do come with accessories for that.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #39  
I have one of those no spill spring loaded nozzle cans. Pain in the ass to fuel my tractor with. I hate holding that button in while balancing the can on the lip of my fill hole on the tank while standing on the rear lift. I guess I need a step or something. I know as I get older I won't be able to fuel the tractor this way at some point. I have spilled more fuel in one year since they changed the rules than I ever did in a lifetime with the old designs. I even had one can prior to the no spill where the pour spout came apart, and the spring landed in my fuel tank. I was able to use a treble hook and fishing line to get it out. The only reason I have a no spill is because it is better than the can that fell apart.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #40  
No-Spill cans are more expensive but after buying my first one over 10 years ago I won’t buy anything else. They are very well built and can be stored in any position without leaking. I now own 5 of them.
I bought a 1gal version of this can they do work really well. I travel some weekends with chainsaw gas in my vehicle and was getting tired of the leaks and fumes from other cans.