Vented non fuel jugs.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #41  
Here in NY there are signs on the pumps warning to use only Yellow cans for diesel. Also to use only "approved" fuel containers. Seems to be legal/"fire marshall" thing.

Red for "gasoline" , yellow for diesel, blue for kerosene.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #42  
Typical of NY and California who have so many people running around looking for something to keep themselves busy.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #43  
Typical of NY and California who have so many people running around looking for something to keep themselves busy.
Can't have anything to do with safety and making it easy to identify stored fuel.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #44  
I believe that one should be capable of marking their own containers. If not they probably aren’t capable of using them.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #45  
Don't use any of them for GAS then Diesel. Have seen the vapors ruin an injection pump.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #47  
Here in NY there are signs on the pumps warning to use only Yellow cans for diesel. Also to use only "approved" fuel containers. Seems to be legal/"fire marshall" thing.

Red for "gasoline" , yellow for diesel, blue for kerosene.
I'm also in NY and have never had a issue filling up a lime green, OD green or even purple fuel jug. They also didnt say a word when I filled up a 30gal metal drum with K1. I think these signs are just there to release the company from liability.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #48  
I'm also in NY and have never had a issue filling up a lime green, OD green or even purple fuel jug. They also didnt say a word when I filled up a 30gal metal drum with K1. I think these signs are just there to release the company from liability.
Probably to satisfy their insurance carrier.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #49  
So I bought a vented non fuel jug today. As best I can tell it can be used for fuel other than the fact it has the old style vent cap you can loosen to let air in. Any reason to not use these for diesel? The one I bought is like the picture below except it’s yellow. I of course wouldn’t use it for fuel since it says not to. ;)
View attachment 843779

I have 2 of these and I avoid using them as much as possible. With the vent closed, barely anything flows. But with it open, fluid runs out of it and all over everything. I hate them and will never buy another one. They also both leak really badly around the lower cap if when they fall over in the truck on the way back home after filling them up. I hauled the side by side a couple of hours for a day of riding with the family. I left with a full machine and one of these cans full. By the time we got there the can was empty on its side.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #50  
I don’t like those because the vent is too close to discharge opening.