ventrac brush mower review?

/ ventrac brush mower review? #31  
Seems there are plenty of diesel Ventrac out there FS and I just looked at one with a replaced engine in it so maybe they're not trouble free.

My ventrac had 2048 hours when I bought it. It seems to be running strong although there is a wet spot on the radiator. I’m sure that is pricey.

/ ventrac brush mower review?
You have steiner as well which I believe was bought by bobcat and is being rebranded as bobcat so they will be entering the market now.

As I understand it. Steiner was the original. It was sold and the steiner family founded ventrac. Ventrac was sold to Toro with Steiner family members still involved in operation and I think still having some ownership interest

Steiner brand continued and was just recently purchased by bobcat.

The Ventrac is darned expensive. And implements are way up there too. I will be buying other implements. Right now I only have tough cut and the smaller blower. I’d like a stump grinder and power rake and a few other items. But every time I think I’ve saved enough, something comes up. Like new fences, etc.
WEST FARGO, N. D. – Doosan Bobcat announced plans to acquire the assets of the BOB-CAT Mowers, and the Steiner and Ryan brands of ground care equipment from Schiller Grounds Care. The transaction is expected to close by Dec. 31, 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and approvals.

/ ventrac brush mower review? #33  
Doosan could certainly make diesel powered articulating machines similar to Steiner at competitive prices and support them through their Bobcat dealership network. But has that happened in the last 4 years?

Answer Bobcat prototype in development to be released maybe mid2024

Last edited:
Doosan could certainly make diesel powered articulating machines at competitive prices and support them through their Bobcat dealership network. But has that happened in the last 4 years?
A buddy of ours worked as a mechanical engineer for Doosand at North Dakota's main plant. In speaking with him, we wouldn't purchase a BC.

/ ventrac brush mower review? #35  
If they totally discontinue Steiner, what happens to Steiner parts and service?

/ ventrac brush mower review? #36  
I'll add this thought. Maybe the most time/cost effective trail mower I have is a 1980s gravely walk behind with a electric start Kohler engine, dual bar tread wheels, a 30 inch brush mower and a sulky to sit on. I paid something like $1,000 for one in running condition. Although it's possible to mow hilly areas as a walk behind, 30" is too narrow to mow anything like a field and pushing through a lot of brush is a real physical workout. But if all you need to do is to periodically mow a relatively narrow walking trail that hasn't gotten too overgrown, it can get that job done.

I'll add this thought. Maybe the most time/cost effective trail mower I have is a 1980s gravely walk behind with a electric start Kohler engine, dual bar tread wheels, a 30 inch brush mower and a sulky to sit on. I paid something like $1,000 for one in running condition. Although it's possible to mow hilly areas as a walk behind, 30" is too narrow to mow anything like a field and pushing through a lot of brush is a real physical workout. But if all you need to do is to periodically mow a relatively narrow walking trail that hasn't gotten too overgrown, it can get that job done.
Way to small for our trails

/ ventrac brush mower review? #38  
Trained army of locusts?

/ ventrac brush mower review? #40  
Already have the 48hp TYM... But I like the ground prep and seeding tools for the Ventrac, and mower capabilities. Some places I dont want to drive a 5000 pound tractor

That being the case, and aside from the sticker shock, I think you would love it.