ventrac brush mower review?

/ ventrac brush mower review? #43  
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours used?

19,000 including the tough cut. Paid another 700 for a suspension seat and went back and got the blower for $2k

/ ventrac brush mower review? #44  
Maybe I'll let those weeds grow.

/ ventrac brush mower review? #45  
.02 cents
1) Finding them used is not easy, I suspect they get willed to sons/daughters.
2) They are made with industrial grade pumps etc. So long term major parts availability can be sourced outside of network.
3) My 2WD 230 has thick steel fenders and is very heavy duty. Yes, you can still break them from use, but not as easy as many other brands.

/ ventrac brush mower review? #46  
If someone really needs to mow tough vegetation on a steep bank, paying the premium price may make better sense than a rollover.

/ ventrac brush mower review? #48  
That being the case, and aside from the sticker shock, I think you would love it.
I dunno, I just spent 15 k on a eXmark Lazer Z and ifn I had been reading this thread prior to purchase I would have def considered a ventral!
Seems like a versatile tool, and with a 3 point hitch I could prolly get rid of my Bobcat CUT but not having a loader and pallet forks would be missed…

/ ventrac brush mower review? #50  
Cheaper...until one gets snake bit.
Started mowing the front yard 4pm today. Barely into the first pass, there's a 4-5' rattlesnake in the yard next to where I was mowing with the ZTR today. Bowed up at me and then slithered off into the creek.