View / Property Photos

/ View / Property Photos #12  
Just like my view !!! Well, no mountains, I am also missing the forest with the huge evergreens. Is there an expressway out there ? Looks to be a few acres. I know what your missing... all the neighbor's. Beautiful Thanks for sharing !!!
Mark

<font color=green>Mark</font color=green>

/ View / Property Photos #13  
Rick,

Really nice picture, thanks /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Looks like tiltmeter country for sure.

Thanks for reminding me that I don't have a digital camera, Santa missed me in spite of all the smoke letters I sent up the chimney.

I have a view of Mount Rainier 14,000 feet raising from a base elevation of ~ 1500 feet. We use it to tell the weather. If you can see the mountain it's going to rain, if you can't it's already raining.

/ View / Property Photos #14  
T.T.

A freind at hunting camp summittied Mount Rainier this past summer. He forgot to bring his pics to camp. His wife and him had a good time and said it was very pretty.

Derek

/ View / Property Photos #15  
Rick,

What a photo! We spent a good bit of time in Whitefish this past summer. Glacier park is incredible. I'm real envious.

I was going to post a picture of our place in the north Georgia mountains...(excuse me while I finish laughing.....yea, right, after seeing Rick's picture I feel really secure saying "north Georgia mountains"), but that would be too easy...(actually it isn't easy at all or I would do it...I don't even know how to do the smily faces yet). Anyway, to see our place you'll have to use your imagination. Close your eyes and picture clear blue skies, a touch of a breeze, crisp air, a white blanket covering the landscape....then forget that picture 'cause it looks nothing like our place. We're talkin' north Georgia in the winter! So it's usually overcast, windy, and rains about every other day. The high is 40. The low is 40. With the windchill factor it's 40. Now instead of the snow covered landscape, picture something a little different: Red, gooey, thick, sticks to everything clay mud. The kind of mud that keeps your farrier in a very good mood, and makes him a rich man. The kind of mud that doubles the diameter of your truck tires. The kind of mud that causes you to get a strange look on your face as you walk to the barn in your muck boots and you realize, as you take your next step, that the boot that was on your left foot no long is. Yep, Rick, I think we would be glad to trade our little slice of heaven for yours!

Bill Cook

/ View / Property Photos
Thanks again to all for the compliments but it is time to confess!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

<font color=blue>"Is there an expressway out there ? Looks to be a few acres. I know what your missing... all the neighbor's"</font color=blue>

Actually, our trees block the more mundane part of the Flathead Valley- streets, lights, building. We do have neighbors but can only see part of a roof here and there./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>"I was going to post a picture of our place in the north Georgia mountains...(excuse me while I finish laughing.....yea, right, after seeing Rick's picture I feel really secure saying "north Georgia mountains")"</font color=blue>

Billc: I was born & raised in Atlanta and have spent much time up in Raburn County and all the N. Ga mountains. Yep, they are different but they have a beauty of their own. I developed my love for high places there.

Finally, today it ain't so pretty here today/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif- gray and waiting for more snow. Come on guys! Lets see your property are of it has a beauty of its own.

Rick

/ View / Property Photos #17  
OK Rick, since I found out you're a fellow Southerner, I'll go ahead and show the one picture of my place that I have. It's a view from the front porch looking down toward one of the horse pens. As with most, it was the work and not the scenery that brought me here. I guess it's a means to an end that most of us are trying to achieve.

The wife and I flew out to Montana and camped about 10 days this past spring up near Glacier. We spent some time over at Whitefish, and actually camped in Hungry Horse. Our goal is to retire up to a summer home somewhere in Western MT. That's another 20 or so years away though. I figure If I keep a place here in Alabama and one in MT, I'll need a tractor in each place. Never think I'm not Planning Ahead! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Take Care,
Boots.

Attachments

• 8-27543-Mvc-208s.jpg
    8-27543-Mvc-208s.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 70
   / View / Property Photos #18  
Allen, <font color=blue>If you can see the mountain it's going to rain, if you can't it's already raining.</font color=blue>
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Yea, thats the way I remember it. Seriously, Mount Rainier is a spectacular sight. Especially, if you are a 19 year old, who had never seen anything taller than the Texas Hill Country hills. Rainier beer wasn't bad either./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Is it still around?

Ernie
"You can plainly see that the Alamo was never built by a military people for a fortress."
Green Jameson, Jan 1836 (in a letter to Sam Houston)

/ View / Property Photos
Boots
Nice looking horse country. Looks like you might be in southern Alabama? In the wire grass?

Glacier is a wonderful park. It was my dream to live nearby. The problem is I now spend all my spare time working on the property./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Rick

/ View / Property Photos #20  
Boots -

Nice picture! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

It's funny how perspective differs between city and country folks. Here in the 'burbs, what you call a "horse pen" would be referred to as a "park". /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig.gif