Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
I venture many are finding this looking to buy at this time...

Sticker shock in everything from utilities, groceries, fuel, building materials, etc...

I'm glad not in the market for much...
I personally think that all this price gouging is going to come back to bite them in their rear end before it's all over with.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #482  
It usually does and why I started a thread about the deluge of email solicitations and coupons from retailers I bought in the past.

The more we hold out the better chance to keep prices on check...

Then I read Walmart increasing trucker pay so some costs are not going away.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
The more we hold out the better chance to keep prices on check...
It's going to be interesting to see what the inventory does this year on dealers lots with the prices the way they are.

Then I read Walmart increasing trucker pay so some costs are not going away.
They have no choice at this point. Truckers are in such short supply that companies like Walmart have to throw every incentive they can to keep them from going to another company.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #484  
One of my friends through work is my medical supply driver... 3 days a week at 5:30 am sharp before the hospital got busy... the pallets would roll in.

Nicest man and very fit at 66 driving tractor trailer with perfect record...

Did have a few discussions with dispatchers using route planning... which he proved really screwed up his route to times when he couldn't get in...

His wife had health issues so it was time.

Employer offered him full sign on bonuses plus full benefits even if he would consider only 3 days a week.

Had a yard wide BBQ for him on last day that had him in tears...

Since he left who knows when delivery will show and drivers don't really know and his immaculate trailer is all banged up...

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #485  
My usual UPS driver is nearing retirement age. I never worry when he shows up at my house. It's a different story when someone else is covering his route not to mention the other delivery services. One of those guys was delivering a window AC unit and decided the place to put it was on top of my car hood. And he slid it into place before I could stop him with me watching.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #486  
I wondered the same thing. Are banks financing an vehicle that msrp's at 75k but selling at 100k? I feel like we are headed for a big bust at some point.

Fortunately I was nowhere near the "premium" price situation. I honestly could not say what banks will or will not finance.
My guess is that they must be doing it or the folks buying these premium priced trucks have a heck of a down payment and/or trade in allowance.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #487  
I use gas buddy when I am away from home to find good deals. Some Krogers around here have gas stations and you can use points from buying groceries there to reduce gas prices 3 cents to a dollar. Sams usually has the lowest around here. Paid 3.62 this morning. Only 4 cents better than surrounding stations. Often they are 20 cents or better than the competitors.

I'm in northern New York state. We have a regional grocery chain called Price Chopper. They have an agreement with many local Sunoco sellers. You get X amount off per gallon determined by how much you spent on groceries. It can accumulate but I seldom use it as the wife generally takes care of the shopping and uses it on her car. I think it can go to a buck or better per gallon up to 20 gallons. But don't quote me on that!

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #488  
I used to be very biased against zero turns. Then I bought one. All I can say is wow, I spent way too much of my life cutting s-l-o-w with a tractor. My house lawn is 2 acres. Took me probably 2 hours with a tractor. I can cut it in 45 minutes with zero turn.
The other thing is they are much more maneuverable and can reduce weed whacking time, too. ;)
Tractors are great. Make a living using them. Just not fast or maneuverable grass cutters.

Agree.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #489  
Not sure about my LS dealer, he starting selling Branson also. He moved to a larger location. Selling small excavators and skid steers. OK. Now he has starting selling another compact tractor line, Solectrac.(electric tractor, made in Cal.) It would be interesting to see what LS thinks of him selling other compact tractors.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #490  
Not sure about my LS dealer, he starting selling Branson also. He moved to a larger location. Selling small excavators and skid steers. OK. Now he has starting selling another compact tractor line, Solectrac.(electric tractor, made in Cal.) It would be interesting to see what LS thinks of him selling other compact tractors.
I have been to a handful of LS dealerships. Only one of them was LS exclusive. One had Kioti. Another had Zetor and TYM. Some brands are picky about that stuff, others apparently do not mind.