Ways to remove fence posts?

/ Ways to remove fence posts? #21  
All I have is T-posts. Tried to pull one with a chain on the FEL. NOT a good idea. Rear of my Ford 1700 started to lift catty wumpus. Thereafter, used the 3-point. Worked great.

/ Ways to remove fence posts? #22  
I think the how depends on the equipment at hand and ground conditions.

I've never had an issue lifting posts out with front end loader, but I've always had a utility tractor and always had the chain on the bucket between the loader arms and lifted straight up.

I have also done some with 3pt, need a cross bar to do it right unless you let the 3pt arms touch and link them together with a hitch pin through the ball ends. Can't reach across a ditch too well with the 3pt either.

I tried to lift a large post out with 3pt hitch once with a 2wd utility with no loader, the front end would come off the ground as fast as the 3pt hitch lifted. That was the most unstable thing that's ever happen to me pulling posts.

For the vinyl issue, try a "choker" strap instead of a chain?

/ Ways to remove fence posts?
So I was kind of in a rush on e day....I ended up just using a strap with the "S" hooks on each end. One end on the bucket hovered over the post and then the strap wrapped around post and hooke dto itself. When you lift it tightens on its own. They came out quick and no damage. Thanks everyone!!

/ Ways to remove fence posts? #25  
Looking for some ideas on how to best remove fence posts. I have a "bunch" of 6x6 vinyl posts (horse fencing) that I want to pull out. I don't have a boom pole, just the bucket. I know I can figure a way but was thinking you all may have a great idea and save me some time/effort.....I tried the search option but couldn't find anything...thanks in advance!

If you want to save them, wait until after a couple of days of rain, and dig them out, or at least relieve them enough that your FEL can lift them. Most pullers of various kinds will damage them; I know mine would.

/ Ways to remove fence posts? #26  
This works really good either off 3 point or loader on my tractor, can find them at tractor supply, amazon or any ag supply
t post puller.jpg

/ Ways to remove fence posts?
I was able to loosen some up manually and just bear hug them out.......but I'm getting too old and there are too many! The strap low around the post and lifted straight up worked real well.

A lot of advice to use the 3pt. I understand it's better than the FEL for strength and safety but I'm being stupid.....I wouldn't be able to get the 3pt to lift straight up without fear of breaking the post.......am I missing something?

/ Ways to remove fence posts? #29  
So far any I have pulled have come out nice and straight

/ Ways to remove fence posts? #30  
It does only work with t post. I don't know any easy way with 4x4 vinyl posts