Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28
Rust an a new mod.

The Paint, Plastic, and Plating on a Mahindra will never be mistaken for a Kubota.

It does have a decent floor mat.

The nuts, bolts, fittings, hardware, etc in general on my 32 year old Kubota was almost new looking,

The paint faded some, but was stickng to the metal fine after many years.

32 years ago, they had plastic, and for the most part the Kubota plastic stood up also.

I have no expectations my Max28 will age well.

Take a look at the photos.

The max is stored in a 3 sided lean to, out of the rain and sun for the most part.
I repainted the rusty loader valve cover, and clear coated the fittings. That should slow the corrosion down a little.

Note the Korean Loader control Valve. Fine control is not its strong point.

I would not be complaining as much if I hated this tractor. It is a good machine, just with a lot of cost cutting.

I wonder how long the mirror is going to last in the woods?

Attachments

• 20160810_185324 (768x1280).jpg
    20160810_185324 (768x1280).jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 20160810_185354 (1280x767).jpg
    20160810_185354 (1280x767).jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 20160810_185409 (768x1280).jpg
    20160810_185409 (768x1280).jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 20160810_191851 (922x1280).jpg
    20160810_191851 (922x1280).jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 20160810_191901 (768x1280).jpg
    20160810_191901 (768x1280).jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
   / Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #52  
Re: Rust an a new mod.

It looks to me like you added the mirror, mine doesn't have one.

The Paint, Plastic, and Plating on a Mahindra will never be mistaken for a Kubota.

It does have a decent floor mat.

The nuts, bolts, fittings, hardware, etc in general on my 32 year old Kubota was almost new looking,

The paint faded some, but was stickng to the metal fine after many years.

32 years ago, they had plastic, and for the most part the Kubota plastic stood up also.

I have no expectations my Max28 will age well.

Take a look at the photos.

The max is stored in a 3 sided lean to, out of the rain and sun for the most part.
I repainted the rusty loader valve cover, and clear coated the fittings. That should slow the corrosion down a little.

Note the Korean Loader control Valve. Fine control is not its strong point.

I would not be complaining as much if I hated this tractor. It is a good machine, just with a lot of cost cutting.

I wonder how long the mirror is going to last in the woods?

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #53  
He wouldn't have said "I wonder how long that mirror will last" if he had put it on. Maybe your model didn't' include that option or your dealer simply didn't put the mirror on when they prepped the tractor.

There are certainly differences in the quality of some equipment compared to others. Compare the components in the hydraulic system and its' obvious where costs were cut in places like the loader valve, not to mention all the rust. I think it's good to have feedback from people who own both brands and are happy with each, accepting the shortcomings and cost cutting measures of the mahindra quality/fit/finish as the reason for the low cost.

He wouldn't have said "I wonder how long that mirror will last" if he had put it on. Maybe your model didn't' include that option or your dealer simply didn't put the mirror on when they prepped the tractor.

There are certainly differences in the quality of some equipment compared to others. Compare the components in the hydraulic system and its' obvious where costs were cut in places like the loader valve, not to mention all the rust. I think it's good to have feedback from people who own both brands and are happy with each, accepting the shortcomings and cost cutting measures of the mahindra quality/fit/finish as the reason for the low cost.

Note the title of the post was:
"Rust an a new mod."
The modification was the $7 Mirror from Amazon.
I drilled and ground the Mirror base to fit.
The rust was when I removed the loader cover an noticed the paint & label peeling off.
I have an Excavator, You have the JCB.
Those have nice controls. I don't expect that nice on a little tractor, but the Max loader is rather jerky.

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #55  

Like I said, he added the mirror himself.

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #56  
I hear ya. Same here. I live in the woods and I'm very concerned. Still no rain insight. Just more 90+ degree days.

We are hoping to get down into the 90's next week. That would be a cool down for us at the north end of the Sacramento Valley. But we do not have much humidity, and that helps a lot. But high heat and low humidity is why you read about all the bad fires in California this time of year. Even so, I hope you get some rain. Just because we are hot and dry does not mean we wish it on you!

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #57  
Humidity has been in then 90"s for weeks now. Temps typically around 90 or a little more. Virtually no rain for a couple months. These were taken yesterday.

this is in my garage
heet1.jpg

this is in my kitchen window.

heet2.jpg

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #58  
Pilgrim, we are 100 right at the moment, 107 tomorrow but only 20% humidity. I would not trade you, no way. That is miserable.

I went out the other early taking the dog for about a 1000 foot quick walk.

I came in house sweated up thinking it is a miserable humid 90 deg morning.

Nope, the temp was 75 degrees, Humidity was 88% Its been over 90%, no rain until today

I checked the culverts, bone dry. At least the plants got a little water. Actually saw a puddle!

Along the Maine border and way up north, they have been getting some decent T-Storms. Still Moore Dam on the Conn. lakes is quite low.

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #60  
Humidity has been in then 90"s for weeks now. Temps typically around 90 or a little more. Virtually no rain for a couple months. These were taken yesterday.

this is in my garage
heet1.jpg

this is in my kitchen window.

heet2.jpg

I can be worse. I grew up in the South so figured I was used to that sort of thing. Then I transferred to the Philippines from central Florida. I figured no sweat how much worse can it be. Wrong, when I got off the plane it was like walking into a wall of heat and humidity. I must have been in the shower three or four times a day until I acclimated. We had to burn light bulbs in the closet floor to keep our boots and clothes from turning green with mold. Southeast Asia was if anything worse. It was best to bite the bullet and acclimate because those who huddled inside in the AC a lot caught and kept a cold for their entire tour. However, I do like it out here in the West where it's a bit dryer. It's not much fun trying to sleep with the sheets sticking to your hide.