Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28
So how's your back? Better I hope! Got any more pictures of the roof install? Did they put it down right over the old shingles?

My Back will have to get fixed at some point. Ugh!

Solar is up and making power, about 500 KW so far this month.

If you are lazy about shade and keeping snow off the panels, definitily go with Micro-Inverters vs. String Inverters so a bit of shade will not take out and entire row of panels.

As can be seen, some trees are going to firewood around the barn come spring.

Attachments

• 20161216_135202.jpg
    20161216_135202.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
   / Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #72  
Re: Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 (Drawings attached)

If anyone wants i can PM you a spreadshead to caculate how much changinging cylinder size will effect capacity.

I can consider haveing Cylinders for othe loaders done also.

Attached are some cylinder drawings for the upsized Max28 with Ml205 loader.
I am interested in upsizing the curl force for the 38L loader on my 2538
any help would be appreciated. Please email my slharman1@yahoo account.
Thanks

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #73  

I am interested in upsizing the curl force for the 38L loader on my 2538
any help would be appreciated. Please email my slharman1@yahoo account.
Thanks

Your best bet would be to post in the forum's. Too many spammers use email, and this is your first post so it sounds fishy

Your best bet would be to post in the forum's. Too many spammers use email, and this is your first post so it sounds fishy

I sent him a PM.

I found this amusing

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeFarmerJohn

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/375361-market-new-tractor.html Post #10
HP has nothing to do with lift capacity, very very little, it's all hydraulic pressure.

Here is two examples, 1. Ballast is very important with little compacts. 2. Proof a little tractor can lift a round bale, this one is 26hp, I remembered this video because my buddy bought a 2013 28XL last fall and was concerned about what it was capable of.

Mahindra 26XL lift test...lol - YouTube

With a proper ballast this little tractor could unload a single stacked trailer, it has the lift capability to double stack round bales, on paper it should.

The 26XL is rated at 1400lb lift capacity at 84 inches

http://mahindrausa.com/sites/default/files/tractor/pdf/23386 MAH54MAXT4 MAX Ser Bro 092016_0.pdf

I personally would step up to the 1500 series frame to handle a lot of round bales when weight is more your friend.

Those who have read my threads know I have worked my Max28 hard, occasionally lifting an moving over 1,000 lbs, but after watching this Video and a few others, I come to realize why manufactures are afraid to put beefy loaders on small tractors.

The pure stupidity of attempting a maximum weight lift with weight that far forward, and then some one in the video saying "Ok Lift it to max height" I wonder if the operator had his seat-belt on?

PS that was a small round bale.

PS I recommend that heavy lifts should be done in 2WD. If the rears get light and spin moving the tractor, put the weight down and find a bigger tractor.
Here is anothe video.
Mahindra MAX28XL lifting with Titan pallet forks - YouTube
At least there was the counterweight of a backhoe in the above video.
IMHO the 2545 is as small a tractor you would want to single stack round bales. The 2545 has limited lift height.

Many damp large bales weigh over 1,500 Lbs. I would not attempt maximum capacity lifts more than a few inches off the ground with my Max28, even with my curl cylinder upgrades and my large counterweight. The loader is jerky and the tractor frame is about two sizes too small, just too dangerous. Picking up loads on less than level solid ground with too small a tractor spells disaster.

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #76  

Here is anothe video.
Mahindra MAX28XL lifting with Titan pallet forks - YouTube
At least there was the counterweight of a backhoe in the above video.

I was actually surprised my Mahindra lifted it that high before the hydraulics maxed out -- I only went that high for the video. When I moved that load across the yard, maybe 6" above the ground, I was creeping along at a snails pace. The backhoe certainly adds a nice counterweight, particularly when I extend it out rearwards.

This is a great thread / writeup. Thanks for the info!

See the tread link below for a view of a rock my L39 could not carry. The L39's strong Backhoe struggled to get it out of the ground. I doubt an Mpower 85 could lift this rock.
See Post #50
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...r-5.html?highlight=Do+you+have+enough+tractor

The Max28 was able to roll over these rocks my L39 did carry in the attached pictures below. Close to 3,000 lbs.

Max 26 handling round bales - YouTube
PS This is a little tractor with a flexy frame. It will not handle wet bales with the loader, especially on uneven ground.

The 3 Pt is a beast, so you could move bales with a spear on the rear. That is only safe way.

Kubota is a nice tractor, weaker but nice.
Mahindra vs. Kubota at Moe's Outdoor Equipment & Supplies! (217) - YouTube
First off , the salesman is a sales, has little understanding what he is talking about for some points. What he said about the mid point PTO is reversed, the Kubota runs at the higher RPM for same motor speed. Hp for HP, the Kubota is torquery. Although the Shuttle is slick, it is not fully synchronized, only the forward/reverser. Max26/28 has aluminum Gear case covers, etc. which the 3 point bolts to. Max is about 200 Lbs heavier, no big deal.

Attachments

• 20170626_Max & Rock1(1280x758).jpg
    20170626_Max & Rock1(1280x758).jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 389
  • 20170626_Max & Rock4(1280x729).jpg
    20170626_Max & Rock4(1280x729).jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20170626_Max & Rock2 (882x1280).jpg
    20170626_Max & Rock2 (882x1280).jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
   / Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #78  

See the tread link below for a view of a rock my L39 could not carry. The L39's strong Backhoe struggled to get it out of the ground. I doubt an Mpower 85 could lift this rock.
See Post #50
Mowing - Do you have enough tractor?

The Max28 was able to roll over these rocks my L39 did carry in the attached pictures below. Close to 3,000 lbs.

Max 26 handling round bales - YouTube
PS This is a little tractor with a flexy frame. It will not handle wet bales with the loader, especially on uneven ground.

The 3 Pt is a beast, so you could move bales with a spear on the rear. That is only safe way.

Kubota is a nice tractor, weaker but nice.
Mahindra vs. Kubota at Moe's Outdoor Equipment & Supplies! (217) - YouTube
First off , the salesman is a sales, has little understanding what he is talking about for some points. What he said about the mid point PTO is reversed, the Kubota runs at the higher RPM for same motor speed. Hp for HP, the Kubota is torquery. Although the Shuttle is slick, it is not fully synchronized, only the forward/reverser. Max26/28 has aluminum Gear case covers, etc. which the 3 point bolts to. Max is about 200 Lbs heavier, no big deal.
Hey mike I realize this is an old thread but it is an awesome writeup on some adjustments that can be made to tractors today that seem to lack in one way of another. Great job. I own an older 98ish Allmand 25k TLB and I am trying to design a quick attach. I was wondering if you would be able to take some measurements on your bucket ears for comparison. Your loader seems almost like a newer version of the loader on my tractor. I have 1” pins spaced at 7 5/8” on the loader bucket ears. 29 3/8” inside to inside of loader bucket ear bracket and 37 3/8” outside to outside of loader bucket ear bracket.

Attachments

• 984A74F7-8366-4378-B914-E0F2B23107D5.jpeg
    984A74F7-8366-4378-B914-E0F2B23107D5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • B613C3C9-A58F-43FC-9BD5-68307E67A9B7.jpeg
    B613C3C9-A58F-43FC-9BD5-68307E67A9B7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 064AAED3-53D2-4652-BF4A-F2E0F39815FD.jpeg
    064AAED3-53D2-4652-BF4A-F2E0F39815FD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63