Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #61  
What's the stuff called rain that you're talking about? Oh yeah, I remember now, it's liquid water falling from the sky, an annual event out here but that was about six or seven months ago the last time that happened.

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28
Getting some 3' x' 3 X 8' compressed hay bales to feed out the the cows.

I checked to see if The Max28 could lift one of these 700-800 lbs big square before my wife bought them.

I was using my clamp on pallet forks.

If the bales were another 100 lbs or so, I doubt the Max could lift them so We better keep them dry.

I'm also glad I have 750 Lbs Counter weight on the 3 Pt Hitch.

I got some of the cylinders back for the L39.

Until I get the L39 put back together, The Max will have to do.

/ Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #63  
Lift 700+Lb Square? Not sure I have seen one of those...... I have not had the opportunity to bring my Max into the shop for my upgrade yet! We have been using the thing so much clearing land, setting fence for additional pasture our tractor hasn't really gotten a break. We use traditional square bales for our critters, they aren't nearly that heavy. No sense in purchasing 'rounds' as we do not have that many mouths to feed at on time.
Good to see that you have logged some hours with the Max after the modification. I am sure you weren't expecting to work it as hard as you have; however it seems to be holding up and surprising you at the same time!
Hopefully this fall......things will slow down and I too can modify mine.

I did rent an L39 years ago to backset 'forms' for a retaining wall-(barn). It performed the job flawlessly but did take some time getting used to the float function of the bucket; I was also a inexperienced operator back then too!

Re: Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 (Bucket forks)

Lift 700+Lb Square? Not sure I have seen one of those...... I have not had the opportunity to bring my Max into the shop for my upgrade yet! We have been using the thing so much clearing land, setting fence for additional pasture our tractor hasn't really gotten a break. We use traditional square bales for our critters, they aren't nearly that heavy. No sense in purchasing 'rounds' as we do not have that many mouths to feed at on time.
Good to see that you have logged some hours with the Max after the modification. I am sure you weren't expecting to work it as hard as you have; however it seems to be holding up and surprising you at the same time!
Hopefully this fall......things will slow down and I too can modify mine.

I did rent an L39 years ago to backset 'forms' for a retaining wall-(barn). It performed the job flawlessly but did take some time getting used to the float function of the bucket; I was also a inexperienced operator back then too!

Picture an 8' Box of Kleenex Tissue and your have an idea what these big rectangular bales look like.

Better yet, I'll have to post a picture with the Max 28 with the bucket forks.

Sunday I welded (crappy welds I that make) a pair of plates to the bottom of the max bucket so the bucket forks that were made for the L39 do no keep slipping off.

The L39 Needs to get finished by September, I need it back.

So I did not have to walk my excavator and take down electric fence, my neighbor who is renting a SV90 CTL moved a big old stump out of my road path that I pulled a few years ago.
CTL's really scoot, in close quarters way faster than a tractor. (Or Excavator)
I suspect the Max may have been able to push it, but why take the chance of breaking it?

Unless they are rotten the Max is pretty useless trying to take even small stumps out with the bucket, so I do not try.

Working hard at 162 hours.

Moving dirt, rocks and firewood, Hay, and all sorts of stuff with the carry all.

I have built over 150' of road thru a gully, it is slow work with a little tractor.

The town has dropped off 10 or so loads of fill.

I've been picking the rocks, roots, stumps and sticks out.

I'm too cheap to use a $1,000 worth of processed gravel, but will put down 2-3" of good gravel as a final top cover.

I found this little pebble in one of the loads.

With suitable counter weight, any Max26/28 should be able to lift a rock this size, but scooping it up out of the pile, the larger curl cylinders proved their worth.

I'm also glad I reinforced the bucket.

Attachments

• P1030924.JPG
    P1030924.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 206
  • P1030925.JPG
    P1030925.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Re: Working hard at 162 hours.

173 hours so far, about 73 with the upgraded bucket Cylinders.
I would have a tough time with the stock cylinders, considering all the spoils I have moved.
Taking a full bucket in hard packed material is not a struggle.
When the foliage turns, I'll post some photo's of the road thru the woods expansion.

Max28 in better shape and working harder than me.

I Herniated my disc again, should not even been on the tractor.

Saturday after just a bit of work, I stiffened up so bad I can barely walk afterwards.

The roofing crew cam Saturday morning and was going to hand carry the sheets to the other side of the barn.
I did not want the roofing crew carrying the panels sheet by sheet to the other side of the barn, as they surely would have been scratched up in the process.
it was little Max28 to the rescue.

First I needed to move the +1,500 lb crate of the longer 28 foot panels to get at the 18 ft panels.

The Max could barely lift the ends, getting really light in the back, even with counterweight.
I calculated he weigh of he panels in the 18 crate to be a bit over 900 lbs, and the weight of my forks and the crate itself to be about 100 lbs, so the Max was able to carry 1,000, of load over 1 forward of the bucket edge.

I could not ask any more of the little guy.

My neighbor was kind enough to install the backhoe trunion swing cylinders on my L39, so a little more progress has been made on the L39 hydraulic rebuild. I still need to get the front bucket curl cylinders back from the hydraulic shop and weld new bushings on the worn 4 bar bucket linkage. The L39 rebuild is turning out be lot more involved than he upgrades I have made to my Max28.

Attachments

• 20161001_091147 (1024x554).jpg
    20161001_091147 (1024x554).jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 20161001_085428 (1112x1280).jpg
    20161001_085428 (1112x1280).jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20161001_085436 (1007x1280).jpg
    20161001_085436 (1007x1280).jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20161001_161043 (1024x614).jpg
    20161001_161043 (1024x614).jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 154
Re: Max28 in better shape and working harder than me.

I Herniated my disc again, should not even been on the tractor.

Saturday after just a bit of work, I stiffened up so bad I can barely walk afterwards.

The roofing crew cam Saturday morning and was going to hand carry the sheets to the other side of the barn.
I did not want the roofing crew carrying the panels sheet by sheet to the other side of the barn, as they surely would have been scratched up in the process.
it was little Max28 to the rescue.

First I needed to move the +1,500 lb crate of the longer 28 foot panels to get at the 18 ft panels.

The Max could barely lift the ends, getting really light in the back, even with counterweight.
I calculated he weigh of he panels in the 18 crate to be a bit over 900 lbs, and the weight of my forks and the crate itself to be about 100 lbs, so the Max was able to carry 1,000, of load over 1 forward of the bucket edge.

I could not ask any more of the little guy.

My neighbor was kind enough to install the backhoe trunion swing cylinders on my L39, so a little more progress has been made on the L39 hydraulic rebuild. I still need to get the front bucket curl cylinders back from the hydraulic shop and weld new bushings on the worn 4 bar bucket linkage. The L39 rebuild is turning out be lot more involved than he upgrades I have made to my Max28.

L39 is back together, stronger and better than ever.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...5344-upsized-hydraulic-clyinders-loaders.html

Attachments

• 20161120_121900 (1280x755).jpg
    20161120_121900 (1280x755).jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20161127_160046.jpg
    20161127_160046.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
   / Weak Loader Curl Possible Solution For the Max28 #69  
So how's your back? Better I hope! Got any more pictures of the roof install? Did they put it down right over the old shingles?

So how's your back? Better I hope! Got any more pictures of the roof install? Did they put it down right over the old shingles?

I finally had my appointment follow-up with the neurosurgeon. Back is not going to get better by itself. It is pinching a nerve to my leg and has somewhat damaged the nerve. He says the fix is old fashioned Disc fusion and then rehab. Be laid up for 3 Weeks and 3-4 month to fully recover.
My Brother is terminally I'll so I'm not thinking about back surgery. If I'm careful and lift straight I can pick 100 Lbs dead lift. Going to get a better back brace. I used to Pick up 200- 300 Lbs!
I can tell when I'm loading up my spine, so as long as i don't rupture it more , I'm stable for now.

The original asphalt shingles are still on roof. Roof was not leaking, and was 1 layer. Hi temp fabric and Bituthene® 4000 underlayment was used, and Roofer did a good job. 24 gage roof is a heavy roof. What He did still maintains warrantee on roof.

Final wiring on Solar not completed. It 's control system is wireless, relying on the internet.
So much for being a Prepper when the SHTF.

Attachments

• 48 Solar Panels 14.4 KW.jpg
    48 Solar Panels 14.4 KW.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
Last edited: