Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #21  
Martin,

First....you have to have chain hooks on both sides of your bucket and good strong chain. Next, push into the boulder as far as you can before you curl back the bucket. Then use your chain to wrap around as much of the boulder or rock as you can. You'll then be able to curl the bucket back and try to get enough lift to move forward.

I had to pick up a smaller rock in the backhoe and extend it way out in order to pick the rock up enough or the back wheels would come off the ground. I would not recommend this unless you are on level ground. The machine can get very tippy. -That rock had to be over 3500 lbs, as the loader could only lift it about 6 inches.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #22  
It's hard to see how huge this thing is. Do you think it's possible to damage the machine moving objects the loader can barely lift enough to move forward?

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #23  
I don't know, but I certainly am guilty of that.

The TL1000 loader is an industrial piece of work compared to agriculture oriented LA723 I have, the welds and gussets and reinforcements are much much more heavy duty.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #24  
Jim, the jounce and bounce could possiblly break a hydraulic line or worse, I don't think it would be out of the question in a situation like that, a pot hole could break an axle. Thing is, your going very slow so you should be fine. What I found on my L48 was that it was relatively easy to tweak the bucket. While the loader had plenty of power on the L48, the bucket could have been beefier. One other thing is to watch those bushings. The biggest difference in my opinion in terms of longevity between compacts and industrials is that the loader and hoe bushings wear much faster. I have mine greased as much as possible

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #25  
RaT, do you happen to know what size R4 IND tires come on the L-48, they look larger than the ones on our L-39?

The OEM L-39 Titans are:

27x10.5-15R4 (Front) and 15-19.5R4 (Rear)

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #26  
They are the same as my L3830 or 17.5X24 on the rear and I think 10 or 12 X 16.5 on the front. The L48 had a higher ply on the front though then my L3830. It would be nice to see a 16" on the front so it would conform with the Michelin standard and allow a match with the rears without having to buy new rims. I figure when my fronts wear out, I will get 16"s on the front in a Michelin R1 or even R4 which looks pretty much like a R1. I only have an issue with the rears wanting to slide my tractor sideways down the hill when mowing. I always slide the rear end down the hill on one of my slopes. I figure the Michelin radial with either tread would eliminate that. I simply could not ever overload the fronts on my L48. I believe they could take up to 65 PSI. My L3830 takes up to 45 PSI but I run them around 22 PSI. My rears are at about 12 PSI.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Martin,

First....you have to have chain hooks on both sides of your bucket and good strong chain. Next, push into the boulder as far as you can before you curl back the bucket. Then use your chain to wrap around as much of the boulder or rock as you can. You'll then be able to curl the bucket back and try to get enough lift to move forward.

I had to pick up a smaller rock in the backhoe and extend it way out in order to pick the rock up enough or the back wheels would come off the ground. I would not recommend this unless you are on level ground. The machine can get very tippy. -That rock had to be over 3500 lbs, as the loader could only lift it about 6 inches. )</font>

I certainly do not have to worry about using a chain etc. or extending the BH for balance when lifting up large rocks, cause my L39 as delivered can only handle maybe a 1,500 pounder. My L39 can Push a 3500 Lb rock.

Heck, the Loader gets stuck in a pile of loose stone base. (The stuff you fill riding rinks with.) Kubota best make this right.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

I certainly do not have to worry about using a chain etc. or extending the BH for balance when lifting up large rocks, cause my L39 as delivered can only handle maybe a 1,500 pounder. My L39 can Push a 3500 Lb rock.

Heck, the Loader gets stuck in a pile of loose stone base. (The stuff you fill riding rinks with.) Kubota best make this right.

)</font>

I'd be super frustrated if I had your problem thats for sure. What has the dealer said? This is were a dealer should step up to the plate and get it fixed. Print all of our experiences and take them in to him. You def. have something wrong with your hydraulics if you are not worrying about breaking an axle or ruining your power steering after picking up its max load. This bucket is awesome!

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #29  
Thanks Jim, Sky,
I'll get some hooks and weld them on. I can envision the "hook, wrap around the stone, hook" technique now thanks to you.
Thanks,
Martin

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #30  
Martin,

You'll be able to move all kinds of stuff using the same technique. If you have a tooth bar, just make sure you get a couple of teeth under the boulder so you don't put too much stress on them. Also do your best to center the object too.