Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?
Here are the mods I did to the grill Guard to better protect the tractor from run away rocks and to add a tow receiver.

Attachments

• 673562-L39_Grillguard_Mod_W_Hitch3P.JPG
    673562-L39_Grillguard_Mod_W_Hitch3P.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 264
Here is what I did to beef up the bucket.
3 Hooks, One pad Eye, side reinforcement and a 2" x 72" brackgrading scraper with renewable edge. Now only if the bucket could hoist a load!?

Attachments

• 673569-L39_Bucket_Mod_1P.JPG
    673569-L39_Bucket_Mod_1P.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 291
   / Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #33  
Geez, that is sweet too, I am ready to weld on a protective bash plate on the lower grill gard too as the hood latch and the hydraulic oil cooler lines are a little too exposed for my liking and need some added protection.

I've already managed to mash in the top rail of the OEM grill guard so am going to replace same with a 2" diameter steel pipe to prevent future damage when handling large tree trunks, rootballs, rocks and such.

BTW, the GM Chevrolet Orange engine block paint is a real good match for Kubota's distinctive orange after your finished welding.....

Got one better for paint.
Believe it on not ACE hardware brand dark orange!

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #35  
That is really looking nice and I may have to become a copy cat. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I installed a WR Long Heavy Duty toothbar with 1 1/2" steel shanks that weighs about 140 pounds, it too has been an outstanding addition to the L39 FEL.

Attachments

• 673579-L39 Toothbara.jpg
    673579-L39 Toothbara.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 226
   / Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #36  
I can't see what you've done there....I only see some bright metal at the bottom of the grill guard. I agree that some more metal is necessary. I've been making huge piles of topsoil and some big rocks have rolled down and smashed into the front of the machine.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #37  
Thom, it looks like you have bent your bucket in the middle. I have the same toothbar. My L48 bent the heck out of the teeth. My L3830 cannot bend the teeth. It is a great addition to the bucket.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #38  
I got the extra heavy duty toothbar for the L39 seeing as how this is what my toothbar looks like on my L-3130's LA723 FEL now.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 673600-Missing Tooth.jpg
    673600-Missing Tooth.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 197
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( I can't see what you've done there....I only see some bright metal at the bottom of the grill guard. I agree that some more metal is necessary. I've been making huge piles of topsoil and some big rocks have rolled down and smashed into the front of the machine. )</font>

See the attachment photo showing the "wings" I added for additional protection. The silver thing is a stainless 3' drop receiver hitch. The Receiver is bolted to a 0.75 Steel plate welded to the grillguard. I also added a 30# Weight block so the addition of my bucket reinforcements and grill guard counterbalance the weight of the mechanical thumb.

I think the additions to the grill guard match the factor style of the guard nicely.

Attachments

• 674318-L39_Grillguard_Mod_W_Hitch1P.JPG
    674318-L39_Grillguard_Mod_W_Hitch1P.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 174
   / Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #40  
Mike,

The wings look good on there.

What do you use the receiver hitch for? The loader is in the way....I guess you lift the loader and push trailers around to move them?

You've made a lot of nice modifications there in a short time.