Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?
The loader is used to lift up the tongue weight of the trailer. I push the trailer around steering like a fork truck or run the L39 in reverse.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #42  
Jim, I don't have a tooth bar as yet. I need a welder first and then I will conjure one up, I look forward to the challenge. I see difficulty backblading to rough in the grade with the toothbar in place but I may have a cure for that and once successful I will post it.
What I do have is a bolt on cutting edge and it has been a blessing in keeping the edge straight. I have buckeled the HD bucket's reinforced left side vertical edge outward a bit. Stones do bite back sometimes, it's just to be expected I suppose.
Originally I learned to keep my right foot at the ready when dumping the bucket just in case something rolled back down the pile at me, I could quickly reverse up. Lately I have been dumping on the far side of the pile and this keep the boulders rolling down on the safe side away from the machine.
Thanks,
Martin

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #43  
After reading all the posts and looking at the L39 in person, I am sooooo glad I went with the L48. Although the L39 may have advertised capabilities close to the L48, I don't believe the L39 is large enough and is close to maxed out for the bigger specs (i.e. loader lift, backhoe poiwer, ect.) as advertised. Even the L48 is pushing the limit for a 11+' hoe and loader that will pick up 3,000lbs. I use mine for heavy duty landscape construction and stone work among other things. The L39 is too much capability in something too small to be expected to perform to the max all the time. Nice machine though, real nice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #44  
Hey mike69440, check out the L39 ROCKS thread for some major boulders! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Hey mike69440, check out the L39 ROCKS thread for some major boulders! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )</font>

To Skypup

Thom,

Yesterday I really struggled digging out a NH Granite bolder about the size of one of your medium stones. The dipper and bucket curl would not take it out but the main boom cylinder managed to lift it once the bucket got under it and I was able to lift/pull from the hole.

My Loader would not handle a granite rock half the size of what your limestone boulders are.

My loaders reverse curl is very weak as it folds forward back dragging any sort of load.

I cannot lift the front end of the tractor with the stabilizers down like Jim Morrissey.

The Loader will get stuck in a pile of dirt if I drive in to far, even if I put it in neutral. The curl is very weak. The lift is nothing to brag about.

These pictures and the others on this post say the pressures are not set correct on my machine.

I wonder if the back hoe is correct also, but at least the BH seems to have a little fight?

41 hours on my machine. Time to bring it back to dealer to be set right.

Thanks,

Mike

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #46  
Our BH is so strong that I hardly ever operate it over 1,500-1,600 rpms. Same with the loader. Ours will lift the entire rig right up just like Jim's no problem.

Sounds like something is amiss with yours. Like I said, the boom, dip, and bucket cylinders on the BH are extremely strong for a TLB this size and the FEL is quite stout too, especially the roll back I think is incredible.

My Back Hoe will lift the machine if I keep the bucket about 5' from the pivot point. Thank God for that, as I have buried the thing in muddy clay up to the axles. If the BH dipper and bucket curl had another 20% that would be just perfect for the weight of the machine.

I really think someone was sleeping at the Kubota USA assembly plant when it came time to set the hydraulic pressures on the machine. I think my machine went out of the factory with whatever the pumps relief valves were set from Kubota's hydraulic pump sub-supplier.

Regarding the loader Kubota's own specs and your photos and statements regarding the loader, the roll back force on my loader is a joke compared to what it should be. As weak or weaker as any agricultural machine I ever used relative to the size of the L39's 6' wide bucket!

Once this is corrected, I think I will get a lot of use out of this machine. After the first service, it will be moved from the 5-acre property we have just sold to the 17-acre future home/farm we will be establishing over the next few years. There is already a barn on this property, where horses are boarded, so the poor L39 will have to sit under a Tarp till I get a tractor shed built.

Lots of room and things to do (Rocks, Holes Trees, Roads) with the L39 there.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #48  
I'm not using the same machine, (L5030HST w/ BH90) but I just sent my tractor back because I thought the BH was weak. They just called and said the main relief valve was set at 2100 and it should be at 2800. I think I will see a big difference with 33% more power. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems Kubota would test this stuff a little closer and be sure the units go out at FULL power so the will perform as we expect. Quality Control must have been asleep when my unit went down the line.

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #49  
Whoa, that should make a major improvement in the hydraulics for sure.

Well, The dealer advised that there is a problem with my loader control valve. Main Pump and other systems are supposedly fine and that parts are on order to correct the FEL. Kubota has bee slow with parts delivery so I hear, anyone know what's going on?

Looking forward to getting machine back that can live up to what all say it can do.

As I am letting dealer do 50 Hr service, and there was a warrantee issue, I hope they toss in the transport for no added cost. I bet the 50 hr service is going to make a hole in my wallet anyways!

Mike69440