weed trimmers

/ weed trimmers #11  
Bought a Dewalt 20v electric weed trimmer at the beginning of the summer. Highly recommend it. Barely uses 1/3 of the battery after my normal 45 minutes of weed whacking. Has an easy load trimmer line too. Much quieter, no hot muffler to burn my arm on, no gas to spill.

Hardest habit to change was learning to not having to feather the throttle to keep it running when walking from spot to spot

Bought it to replace another gas trimmer; they tend to die after about three years.

2nd that as well.
Got my Dewalt trimmer when they first came out. Light weight but powerfull Easily runs for 1/2 hr to 45 minutes on low speed ( has 2 speeds).
Batteries as well as most of the Dewalt 20v tools are warranteed 3 years. My battery for this is about 5 years old and works as new plus will interchange with all other 20v Dewalt tools.
I was so impressed with it PLUS!!! Handed it to my wife and she was gone for about a hour with it. She hated the gas one.

/ weed trimmers #12  
Nothing like walking around with a gas trimmer revving the engine, from tree to tree, because it won't stay idling and you don't know if it will start again.

/ weed trimmers #13  
I started acquiring Milwaukee Fuel tools last year and haven't looked back. I just added their chainsaw and blower to the mix and will be getting the string trimmer soon. I think you'd have a hard time beating their runtime and power on anything I've used so far. If you watch the ads (specifically places like Home Depot), you can sometimes catch a free tool or free batteries with purchase.

I also like the fact that I can use the batteries between any of my tools. With over 200 tools, you can find other uses for the batteries.

/ weed trimmers #14  
I bought the Ridged line for the lifetime warranty on Tools and Batteries. I got tired of expensive battery failures. Shame they don't have bugger all for tool choices!

/ weed trimmers #15  
Just finished my second year with a Dewalt 20 volt. So far, I have been very happy with it, so much so that I bought the chain saw for orchard pruning.

I wasn’t expecting to like it so much, but my Stihl gas chainsaw and trimmer don’t get much use anymore.

By no means am I saying the Dewalt machines are the best, just that for the price, compared to Milwaukee or Makita, they are more than satisfactory.

/ weed trimmers #16  
We have a Ryobi trimmer and blower that my wife really likes. Mainly due to the lighter weight. They both work well but I still use the gas trimmer. My Stihl gave up the ghost and I bought an Echo gas, mainly so I can still use one of these.
EDGIT PRO™-Edgit Company-Edger for Straight Shaft Trimmers

Using that device and the gas trimmer it takes me about 1/3 as much time to trim. Probably not for everyone but I like it a lot more than I thought I would when I initially bought it.

/ weed trimmers
Let me throw another curve in here. I currently and for years have used my Sthil RS 100 RX for both weed trimming and I turn it on edge as a edger for my driveway. I have over 250 feet to edge and it is a pain on my back . Has anyone tried the Still RS 91 edger or is there a better light weight edger. 77 with lots of back issues and now knee issues so I'm looking for easier ways to keep up the property. No I'm not going to heir someone, when my wife and I can't do the lot ( 1 acre) we will move into something smaller but we don't want to. Example this morning we trimmed limbs and hedges at the church. Filled 5 fifty gallon bags with hedge and plant trimmings and a large pile of limb cuttings. Young people don't want to work

/ weed trimmers #18  
I really like my EGO string trimmer, and it's now 3 years old. So far I've not had to replace a battery, but I know they ain't cheap.

Yup. The 15" EGo string trimmer with 2.0Ah battery is sometimes placed on sale at Home Depot for as little as $150. I think regular price is $199. The battery warranty is 3 years 100% replacement.

If you buy from an EGo dealer other than Home Depot the trimmer has a straight full length shaft. The Home Depot version breaks in the middle to fold into a shorter box. The dealer version may have a 2.5Ah battery, and the grey fast charger vs the black slow charger.

I started off with their 21" SP lawn mower. All EGo use interchangeable 56V batteries. The mower came with one 7.5Ah battery. Bought a string trimmer which came with a 2.0Ah battery. The mower will run for about an hour on the 7.5Ah, lawn takes 1:15 and I find the 2.0 is enough to finish.

Then dealer had an EGo backpack blower with 7.5Ah battery on closeout for less than the MSRP of a 7.5Ah battery. Don't use the blower very often but now I have (2) big batteries for the mower. One will charge faster than I can discharge the other so if need be I could mow continuously with only a short pause every hour. Last time I looked the latest SP mower came with (2) 5.0Ah batteries, which will probably do the same allowing continuous mowing.

Have no idea how long the trimmer will run with the 2.0Ah battery, at least 30 minutes. I don't think I have ever run it down half way in the trimmer. If you are a real sicko the 7.5Ah battery fits in the trimmer but weighs a lot to have to carry. Even with the 2.0Ah battery my best mod has been a strap over my shoulder to support when trimming.

/ weed trimmers #19  
Let me throw another curve in here. I currently and for years have used my Sthil RS 100 RX for both weed trimming and I turn it on edge as a edger for my driveway. I have over 250 feet to edge and it is a pain on my back . Has anyone tried the Still RS 91 edger or is there a better light weight edger. 77 with lots of back issues and now knee issues so I'm looking for easier ways to keep up the property. No I'm not going to heir someone, when my wife and I can't do the lot ( 1 acre) we will move into something smaller but we don't want to. Example this morning we trimmed limbs and hedges at the church. Filled 5 fifty gallon bags with hedge and plant trimmings and a large pile of limb cuttings. Young people don't want to work
Look at the Edgit link I posted. For trimming along sidewalks and drives it is great. I run it left handed with the head behind my right side and can pretty much just walk along. Used to hate edging, now I actually kind of enjoy it.

/ weed trimmers #20  
Have no idea how long the trimmer will run with the 2.0Ah battery, at least 30 minutes. I don't think I have ever run it down half way in the trimmer.

I have run mine down and had to change batteries a couple of times; never on my own yard, but I've used it in almost knee high weeds and grass on a neighbor's back yard. Of course I have 2 of the 2.0 Ah batteries and one of the 7.5 batteries and one each of their chargers mounted on the wall in my shop building. So I've never had to quit a job without finishing for lack of power. With gasoline powered equipment, the sound changes a bit when you go into thicker, heavier work. You don't get an change in the sound with the EGO, but heavier work will run a battery down quicker.