weed trimmers

/ weed trimmers #21  
I really like my EGO string trimmer, and it's now 3 years old. So far I've not had to replace a battery, but I know they ain't cheap.

Another vote for the EGO. I have the carbon fiber shaft version with the power load head from Home Depot - was $225. Lots of power, good battery life. I do have a second battery because Im impatient and hate to wait for a recharge, use it alot and often. Holding up great. Cant see me ever going back to a gas trimmer.

/ weed trimmers #22  
I really like my EGO string trimmer, and it's now 3 years old. So far I've not had to replace a battery, but I know they ain't cheap.

I use an EGO trimmer too. I've had it for 3 years now. Does a great job too...

/ weed trimmers #23  
I would think your Stihl gas trimmer had few more years in it if used as you describe your yard. As to the need to keep it revved, sounds like it needs full service some are talking about. I know, been there but finally learned those engines needs true full service. Not throwing off on battery tools, but if they hold up no better than any brand of cordless drills have.

Do read any brand warranty. I bought a major brand name drill with "LIFETIME" warranty which to them is three years.

/ weed trimmers #24  
Go get the Dewalt 60V (NOT 20V) string trimmer. It comes with a 9.0ah battery and works as well as my 2 stroke Toro. It's nicely balanced and has a ton of power. Run time is very good as well.

/ weed trimmers #25  
Got a 40v one from Lowes "K" brand they were pushing before Sears. Good. 18v B&D one got run over by the tractor. It wasn't near as powerful nor long lasting.

Also have the 40v Kobalt chain saw and mower. Wore out the 12" chain saw cutting up stuff this last spring. Bought another, same, as the brushless ones take a different and lower voltage battery.

Ralph