Welcome to Oil & Lubricants

/ Welcome to Oil & Lubricants #21  
Bill, I think your old user name was carried over but you had to log on and set up your password again, but I'm not sure.

I mounted the dual filter on the passenger side fender well where the windshield washer tank was. I moved the windshield washer tank to the firewall beside the passenger side hood hinge.

I use Amsoil filters for both the primary and the bypass filters.

I'm not sure you know what a pre-luber is. Anyway, if you don't, it's an electric pump that cycles on when the key is turned on or off. So when you turn the key on to activate the heater grid, the oil pump comes on and builds the oil pressure up before you start the engine. Then, when you shut the engine down, it comes on to cool the turbocharger and circulate oil through the engine for a couple minutes (adjustable). It has a side effect of being able to pump the oil out of the engine when you want to change it. You just disconnect a hose at the quick-disconnect, drop the fitting into a bucket, and turn the key on and off. The pre-luber then pumps all the oil into the bucket.

Mark

/ Welcome to Oil & Lubricants #22  
Since this is the place to ask---Mark how many miles do you run on your truck oil before you change it, I assume it's a diesel with the fake oil of course.
Your turbo loves you/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif thats for sure a very smart move there, that is what kills many a turbo hot shut downs.
How difficult was the pre-luber to install? Thanks in advance

Gordon

/ Welcome to Oil & Lubricants #23  
Gordon, I don't have a specific mileage interval. I send it off for analysis and pretty much rely on what they say. Even so, I don't leave it in there longer than a couple years, nor would I let it go longer than 50k. Two things, though: I use bypass filtration, which makes a big difference because it keeps the oil clean, but, on the other hand the oil in my Dodge takes a lot more abuse than it would in a normal one - it's putting almost 800 ft-lbs of torque vs the stock 440.

The pre-luber took a couple hours to install. The hardest part, to me, was the mechanical mounting of the pump to the frame rail.

Mark

/ Welcome to Oil & Lubricants #24  
Once again, Mark, thanks for the info. I know I'll put on the Amsoil dual filter. I think the pump is a good idea. Anything that gets rid of heat is a good thing.

/ Welcome to Oil & Lubricants #25  
I also stopped at the Amsoil booth at the Sun n Fun Fly-In and have decided to give it a try. Mark, which of the dozen or so variations of Amsoil do you recommend for my B2400?
JB