Weld table, what tools are your favorite?

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #31  
Lots of magnets and clamps. And mini-split so I can work whenever.
Love having a lots of magnet clamps, need more though :cool:

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #32  
Lots of magnets and clamps. And mini-split so I can work whenever.
Love having a lots of magnet clamps, need more though :cool:
Yup. One of the pics from my DIY cabfab.

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
   / Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #33  
I have two vises for welding.One is a big heavy vise that is pretty much fixed in one place and the other is a small, well made, drill press vise. This vise does not have ears for bolting down but instead has flat sides. This means the vise can be in 3 positions for weldingstuff. It is a really handy vise that I bought used and has no sort of name on it. But it gets used a lot.
Eric

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #35  
Posted on hf tools thread I believe but this tabletop tube bender has paid for itself and then some in 15 yrs ive owned it for a diy fabricator imo. Built guards, racks for snowmobiles, footrest reinforcements with tunnel extenders handles on various things. Works good with both steel and aluminum has various dies for different diameters, radiuses, and flat stock novice aluminum Spoolgun learning curve not so much. I lagged that old work station into the wall studs bolted bender onto plate of table to make it sturdy when bending. Was very affordable compared to a real floor mounted pedestal type bender and dies with a good eye and some creativity makes nice useful things.

Attachments

• KIMG2364.JPG
    KIMG2364.JPG
    896.1 KB · Views: 75
  • KIMG2362.JPG
    KIMG2362.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • KIMG2367.JPG
    KIMG2367.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • KIMG2366.JPG
    KIMG2366.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
   / Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #37  
I find a rotary positioner to be pretty handy for making nice welds around things

View attachment 846263
At my apprentice company they welded cow fencing for the neighboring firm (nowadays its outsourced to Poland) and they used such positioner to weld self feeding fence main posts. Just a high reduction industrial reduction with motor, a lathe three-jaw and a potentiometer to control the speed.

At an air suspension and aftermarket tag axle manufacturer i worked, they welded axles by switching the MIG gun by a relay, together with the horizontal axle rotator. The MIG gun was clamped to a stand, and all they did was hit the button and bend the MIG gun a bit for the next bead. And those beads looked gorgeous ! Perfection every time, because all they had to do is position the gun perfect 😄

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #38  
What welding table tools do I want? Anything that will allow me to catch a breeze, while keeping it away from my gas.

Maybe I need to invest more in arc welding. I prefer stick to flux, but I've seen a dedicated flux setup that wasn't trying to be some combo, flux/mig rig. I'm pretty sure that this was a flux/mig welder, but this one was always set up with flux wire, and it was easy to make a really good, and pretty weld with. It was an old Miller. But generally I find stick welding easier than getting a nice looking weld with flux. I'm a tool maker though, and welding isn't my best contribution to the trade.

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #39  
What welding table tools do I want? Anything that will allow me to catch a breeze, while keeping it away from my gas.

Squirrel cage fan, under the bench. Blows on you, not your work.

That said, now that it's cold as heck, why do I only need to use a rosebud when its in the triple digits?

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite?

Maybe I need to invest more in arc welding. I prefer stick to flux, but I've seen a dedicated flux setup that wasn't trying to be some combo, flux/mig rig. I'm pretty sure that this was a flux/mig welder, but this one was always set up with flux wire, and it was easy to make a really good, and pretty weld with. It was an old Miller. But generally I find stick welding easier than getting a nice looking weld with flux. I'm a tool maker though, and welding isn't my best contribution to the trade.
MIG puts out the least smoke.