Weld table, what tools are your favorite?

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #41  
What welding table tools do I want? Anything that will allow me to catch a breeze, while keeping it away from my gas.
Look into same concept to forced air ventilation that comes with grinding helmets/face shields.... Probably could adapt to welding helmet...
Something on order of this... Also I ditched my stick for MIG and would never go back....

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #42  
Having 2 or 3 angle grinders is a must. The only time I have only one is if I'm welding away from home and I just grab my M18 grinder. Put Fixtec nuts on all of them for quick, tool-less wheel changes.

My welding table already had several holes drilled in it, so I picked up some drill press clamps from Harbor Freight to use as poor-man's Stronghand clamps.
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 6.57.39 PM.png

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #44  
IMG_1638.jpeg
I added four 4” capacity corner clamps to my welding tool inventory. It makes set up much easier. I have twelve C clamps with throats ranging for 6” to 15” and run three Mikita grinders: one with a flap wheel, one with a grinder disc and one with a cutoff wheel. I use a five foot length of catwalk deck as my cut off/plasma table. Most recent project picture.

Last edited:
   / Weld table, what tools are your favorite?
I added four 4” capacity corner clamps to my welding tool inventory. It makes set up much easier. I have twelve C clamps with throats ranging for 6” to 15” and run three Mikita grinders: one with a flap wheel, one with a grinder disc and one with a cutoff wheel. I use a five foot length of catwalk deck as my cut off/plasma table.
I have three 4" grinders as well. (y)

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #47  
I really like this clamp that smokeydog made. Itis on my todo list.

gg

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #48  
Being a Snowbird. I have to have multiples of everything in both locations. Takes a week to find everything each trip.

/ Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #49  
No biggie, but handy:

Magswitch welding magnets can be turned on and off like magic. They are pretty strong, and can be turned on after getting them into place. That's a nice feature. Also, when turned off, any metal filings / weld boogies drop off. I keep a piece of paracord on one so it can be dangled as a small magnetic broom when drilling where chips can be a problem. It is also useful to stick one on the steel next to the drill bit to catch most of them before they escape:)

"Gumby" as the tinknockers called it (aka Butyl Duct Gasket Tape) is a very handy material to keep around. One use is cleaning the metal filings from nutsetters. I keep a piece with my bits. A small piece jammed into the nutsetter grabs the filings so the nutsetter holds the screws again. That roll in the background is about 6X lifetime supply.

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_053442830.jpg
    IMG_20240201_053442830.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20240201_053754456.jpg
    IMG_20240201_053754456.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
   / Weld table, what tools are your favorite? #50  
I don't have a picture at the moment but I zip tied cheap metal rings about 1" to the cords of my grinders. I welded a few hooks around the sides of my table and I can just hang the grinders on the hooks.