Traction What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor?

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #1  

Fergy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 50c
Surely some of us, even the best of us, has had our equipment stuck in a ditch or worse at some point. What did you do to get it "unstuck"? Also detail the use of any attached implements you may have used to aid you.
Finally, will anyone admit that they threw in the towel and called for a tow? (As I did).:ashamed:

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #2  
I got stuck very early in my snow plowing experience and towed it out with my pickup. I learned very quickly to keep my hoe on the back when plowing for two reasons. It's heavy and aids traction and if/when you get your rear wheels spinning uselessly, lift them with the hoe, kick some snow under them and then drive out. I use the same method for the front wheels using the loader bucket and sometimes can just push out of a hole by helping with the bucket curl after lifting the front wheels.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #3  
I usually throw in the towel early cause most of the time just gonna get it worse(someone usually close that can bring another tractor or neighbor has backhoe). My latest kubota stuck.JPG

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #4  
if you have a tree or anchor point put a chain through the rear tire rim and it will pull it selve out.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #5  
I get the big fellas stuck. Got a wet farm.....

One fall I got the combine stuck. I've learned to stop before getting the frame sitting on the dirt, that's bad...

All by myself, I brought the wagon by and unloaded, to make the combine lighter.

Then I got a chain & cable, and hooked onto the back of the combine. I could drage the combine 2 feet back, and then the tractor started spinning. So I set the brack, climbed up on the combine, set the brake, climbed on the tractor, backed up so the tractor was sitting on the little mound of dirt it pilled up behind the tires.

Shortened the chain., up the combine & released the brakes, up the tractor and pulled - it went down the little ramp and 2 feet again. Set brakes, up the combine set brakes, up the tractor back up 2 feet, set brakes, shorten chain, up the combine....

Did that 5-6 times, and the combine got back to where it pulled itself out.

Was pretty winded, went to thoe side of the field so I wouldn't have to toy with this mud hole.

And first pass down - found the other mud hole. Sunk in, stuck with the combine.

Walk over get the tractor and chain & hook up wago, go unload combine, unhook wagon, and repeat all of the above, got the combine out a second time.

Went to the house for a break & a cold one, took a 1/2 hour break!

--->Paul

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #6  
if you have a tree or anchor point put a chain through the rear tire rim and it will pull it selve out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRRGW6z3UQ]Fordson tractor stuck in the mud - YouTube[/ame]

drive it in reverse thoughas you can rollit very easy if the front end is not anchored.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #8  
You're loader wouldn't pull you out of that?

Well didnt have anything on it:laughing: But it was an underground spring,it probaly just made it worse.I could only go out forward,backwards would have got me in deeper..
Quick pull of the father-in-laws tractor and it came right out but if I would have kept spinning it down his 2x4 would have trouble getting it out..
My shredder was sunk,holding me back.......

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #9  
On one of the many times I've been stuck I was able to tie a rope to a tree and wrapped the rope around the rear tyre. Made sure the diff-lock was on and winched myself out. The anchor point for the rope had to be directly in line with the tyre.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #10  
if I use another tractor I have a heavy barge rope I use or I use 2 chains that are hooked together via a tire in between. The tire acts as a little of a bungee cord.
But my new favorite recipe is using a neighbors trackhoe, hook chain or rope to tractor, wrap the other end around the bucket and pull. It helps to throw something over the chain or rope in case it breaks to prevent the chain or cable from coming in the cab of the trackhoe with you.